Musicbox for Pandora
By Francisco Garza
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Musicbox is a full-featured Pandora client that streams Pandora Radio right from the menu bar. Create and edit stations, scrobble to Last.fm, use your keyboard's media keys, match songs in your iTunes library and more. Works with free and paid accounts.
• Stream Pandora Radio for free
• Create, rename, edit and delete stations
• Add artist and song variety to your stations
• Scrobble, love and ban tracks to your Last.fm account
• Use your keyboard's built-in media keys to control Pandora
• Match songs in your iTunes library; automatically increment their play counts
• Display Growl notifications
• Use global keyboard shortcuts (Hotkeys)
• Read artist biographies from Last.fm
• Listen to high-quality audio (for Pandora One subscribers)
• Undo a thumbs up; bookmark and repeat songs
• Tweet what's playing
• Control via AppleScript
• A Pandora One subscription is not required.
• Pandora is available in the US and Australia, but may not work for users in other countries.
• Musicbox is not affiliated with, or endorsed by Pandora Media, Inc.
What's New in Version 4.5
- Fixes iTunes song matching under OS X 10.9
- Fixes horizontal swiping under OS X 10.9
- Renames app to "Musicbox"
Great, But Serious Airplay Problems
This app is a great easy way to use Pandora without opening a web broswer, However, it has serious issues with Airplay. It takes multiple attempts of connecting and disconnecting from Airplay to get Musicbox to actually play through the speakers. Because of this sometimes I just give up and close the app. Musicbox shows the latest update to be well over a year ago. It has great potential but needs some fixes (and an UI update would also be good).
stops after playing 2 or 3 songs
Not sure how to get this to play consistently. This is clearly not a intuitive application. Do you have to be a computer programmer or app specialist in order to listen to music with this Pandora music box program. I find it incredibly annoying that I purchased something, and now cannot use it.
no longer works. Please fix!
this was a great app that no longer works. It only plays one song before stopping. Then you have to manually switch channels and it will play 1 more. Sooooo annoying and now rendered useless. I wonder if the dev is reading these comments? Seems like an easy fix.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 26, 2013
- Version: 4.5
- Size: 2.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Francisco Garza
- © 2012, Francisco Garza
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later