By Simon Sherwin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PanoCalc is both a field of view calculator for digital cameras and a panorama calculator.
If you are choosing lenses or choosing between cameras of different sensor sizes PanoCalc quickly tells you the field of view your pictures will have. And if you are planning to join a few of those pictures into a simple panorama, or to make spherical panoramas for VR, or to create gigapans with dozens of pictures then PanoCalc will do all the calculations you need.
• Presets for popular sensors,
• 3:2 and 4:3 aspect ratios,
• Numerical sensor inputting and 'my sensor' recall,
• Normal or fisheye lenses,
• Portrait or landscape picures for panoramas,
• Pictures per row and overlaps
• Up to 10 panorama rows and overlaps,
• Optional calculations for zeniths and nadirs.
This app freezes each time you touch the info question...is worthless ..
This is an excellent app to help calculate the degrees for rotation and number of pictures needed for VR panos. Going to use this when hiking and should drastically reduce the time taking panos! Only thing I would add is the ability to change the desired panorama FOV, for those who don't want to take a full 360 degree pano. I'd give this app 5 stars if that was added. Overall, an essential app for the serious pano photographer..