Panopto Mobile lets you access all of your organization’s video content from your iPhone or iPad. View HD video presentations, lectures, training courses and events. Search inside your videos to find any keyword or topic. And record video presentations using your built-in camera.
• Watch a lecture, presentation, or training session from your iPhone or iPad
• Search within a video to jump right where you need to be
• Read closed captions as you watch the video
• Navigate videos by tapping on slides, chapters, or transcript
• Listen to videos while you are interacting with other apps or while your screen is off
Present and teach anywhere
• Record a presentation or lecture with the built-in camera
• Record and sync camera video with slides being presented from your laptop
• Record and share quick videos with your class, co-workers, or a public audience
• Record meetings or classes in rooms equipped with Panopto Remote Recorder
With Panopto’s Video Platform, you can transform how your organization learns and communicates:
• Sales and Marketing can record and webcast presentations, demos, and events.
• Corporate Communications can deliver recorded or live messages from executives.
• Human Resources can deliver online training to employees around the world.
• Engineering teams can record meetings and share best practices.
• Support teams can record tutorials and visually demonstrate solutions to customers.
• Faculty can record lectures, lab demonstrations, medical simulations, and more.
• Students can view lectures on the go and take notes that get saved with the recording.
• Students can record their own videos and securely submit them for instructor review.
• IT staff can integrate Panopto with existing LMS, CMS and identity systems.
Panopto creates software that enables organizations to record, webcast, search, and share all of their video content and presentations. Panopto's video platform is currently in use at Fortune 500 companies around the world, and is the fastest growing lecture capture solution at leading universities.
This version improves the sign-in experience. Users may enter their email address instead of the Panopto site URL and will be directed to the correct site to sign in.
Fixed an issue where search results may not start the video correctly or may not seek to the correct location within the video.
Fixed an issue where the search results list does not display the option to download videos for offline viewing.
Ratings and Reviews
Missing too much
This app is pathetic compared to other media players. Audible is so user friendly and functionally useful, and this app is embarrassingly below standard. The purpose of it is to play academic material. For someone to learn, they will often need to rewind the playback. There is no functional was to do this. There is a horrible rewind button that goes backwards at an unspecified speed, which is too slow to actually be useful. Then, it changes to a very rapid rewind after being held down for a longer, but also unspecified period. So you will either be unable to get back to the place you need to re-listen, or it will start hyper speed and bring you far before where you wanting, which wastes so so much time when done multiple times in an hour. God help you if you accidentally just push that same rewind button and don't hold it down! If you accidentally click the button, it takes you back to the beginning and you're screwed. You can't just grab the time bar and slide your place to where you need to be. There may be 2 hours of material on a 2 inch line, you can't even get within 10 minutes of where you need to be.
There needs to be a "5 second" or "10 second" rewind button.
There are many other issues with this app, but this one absolutely needs to be addressed if they want anyone to be able to learn while using it.
I have to use this for school lectures but it would be nice to be able to fast forward, rewind, and pause using a keyboard for the iPad. Like a few people said before, if its a 2 hour lecture, moving it just a little bit will put you back 10 minutes instead of the 30 seconds you wanted. I see now there is a 10 second rewind but its somewhat annoying having to tap my screen every few minutes to write notes and go back/ not able to fast forward. Even the simple feature of pausing with my space bar would be a slight improvement (since I’m basically not able to use my keyboard while using this app)
I’ve tried several times over the past six months to download this app and use it for my college courses. Every single time, something doesn’t work and the app either won’t let me sign in, won’t let me copy and paste a site to view my Panopto‘s, or it will copy and paste but then shows nothing in my library. All three times I’ve downloaded it it has done absolutely nothing and been worthless. Very frustrating, amazing that this company is even around. Only a matter of time until someone with half a brain outsmarts this dumb company and puts them out of business.
- Panopto, Inc.
- 19.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Panopto, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.