Panorama is a Camera app alternative for photo stitching that avoids curvature of horizontal edges in photos.
Such warping is typical in photos of buildings.
A comparative example of this type of warping is in the first screenshot below.
Panorama is a professional, high quality, time-tested image stitcher for both iOS & Mac. Panorama uses a mathematical image matching technique called homography making it ideal for photographing architectural scenes.
Also try the Mac version at: https://itunes.apple.com/app/panorama/id491601987
• Create stunning high resolution panoramas using the device camera.
• Employ the integrated Aviary image editor, accessible from the options menu for all panoramas in the gallery. Enhance, add text, frame and much more.
Image editing options: Enhance (Hi-Def, Illuminate, Color Fix), filter effects, frames, stickers, crop, rotate, brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, draw, text, redeye, whiten, blemish and Meme.
• Beautiful, powerful and meticulously designed app interface provides an enjoyable and productive user experience.
• Build custom panoramas or creatively blend images into photo montages from the camera roll of Photos using the Build pane.
• Use the Build pane to merge two or more vertical overlapping panoramas to easily create 2x2 or 3x3 panoramas.
• Use the Build pane to make collages (images that can't be registered are merely blended together.)
• Shoot a scene and save the photos into the gallery for merging later if you prefer. This allows you to save time and battery during a shoot.
• Share your panoramas with friends and family through email, print them or save to camera roll, including photo originals.
• Employs the homography method to avoid curvature of straight edges, a common disadvantage of other apps of this type. (Check out "homography" on Wikipedia!)
• The homography method is computationally intensive for producing natural and realistic panoramas, and not deceiving cylindrically warped results like other apps.
• Undo and redo a panorama in the gallery to try different settings or options, such as exposure matching or merge quality.
• During a merge, tap the "Hold Button" to turn off the screen, to save battery, and you will be notified when the merge is done.
• High resolution of the 2 and 3 image stitchers essentially doubles and triples your camera's field of view.
• As you shoot pictures they are collected into a sliding pocket drawer, so you can review what you shot at any time, and delete to retake photos.
• Use the "film roll" button in the camera pane to save all the photos currently in the drawer to the gallery, without merging them.
• If you cancel the current merge, you can always resume it anytime from the gallery.
• Panoramas are saved to the gallery automatically when completed, and optionally also to the Photos library.
• In the gallery any saved panorama can be resumed.
• You can undo panoramas, separating them into a film roll of the original photos. Originals can always be saved to the Photos library.
• Export and manually preprocess the photos in your photo shoot in any other image editor, then reload from the Photos library and stitch them together in the Build pane.
• Adds location data to your panoramas so you remember exactly where you shot them. View the location where the panorama was made on a map in the gallery.
• In the gallery you can always undo and then redo a stitch, say for experimenting with different options or image editing.
• Time consuming stitching can be deferred by saving your photo shoots in the gallery.
• Run in the background as you use your device with other apps or put the screen to sleep with the hold button. You'll be notified when the stitch is done.
• The photo alignment guide ensures you properly align your photos for the best stitching results, and facilitates acquiring photos for the Mac version of Panorama.
Ratings and Reviews
A Tedious Interface with Worthless Results
The interface for choosing photos to stitch together is terrible. It only lets you choose one photo at a time, which is extremely tedious if you're stitching more than a couple of photos from your camera roll.
In the end, though, it doesn't matter, because the results are worthless. This app doesn't so much stitch a panorama as it does attach a series of photos side by side. The app does little to no work of matching features and overlapping images.
Would pay for the app if it Worked
I miss autostitch app and this app is almost as good as the other. But there is a problem when you edit a photo because you can’t click done afterwards. The button doesn’t work. You can’t even press cancel. You have to force quit the app. I wish they would update the app so it would work. I would love to read the redesign the Ui
Stitches like it's blind
Does not stitch smartly like the late lamented AutoStitch Panorama did. Just combines images.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.