Paofit - Treadmill running made social and fun
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MAKE YOUR TREADMILL RUN MORE FUN
With Paofit, run through real-world videos of beautiful locations and see, inside your video, avatars of others doing the same in real time from around the world. And they can see you too. Experience Paofit's completely new "mixed reality" technology blending HD real-world video, 3D virtual world capability and social connectivity. The app can track your running speed and you can enjoy it either on your iPad screen or via a bigger screen if connected. iPhone coming in 1st half of 2014.
* A variety of different locations from around the world
* Free sample downloads of the routes
* Adaptive video playback that matches your running speed
* Adaptive ambient sound that can also run in background if you play your iPad Music
* Different ways to track speed: Besides manual control, our built-in StepSensor uses treadmill vibration to estimate your speed. For a very accurate source, Paofit has a physical sensor (no fitting, works with any treadmill) and streams live data to your iPad (coming in first half of 2014).
* Different ways to see the video. Besides watching it on your iPad, you can also plug your iPad into a TV via an HDMI cable or AppleTV for full screen HD video.
* Log in directly or via your Facebook and share your runs.
* Track and store your data
* Set up your own live running events and invite family, friends, or anyone around the world to join.
What's New in Version 1.8
- iPhone compatibility!!! Paofit now runs on iPhone (iOS 7 only) with a number of the functions from the iPad version.
- Account settings: can set country and city inside the iPad app, not only on Paofit.com
- ** Note: events system and shared runs will be added to iPhone in an upcoming release
Please contact us with feedback on email@example.com
Aside from the pretty graphics and sound effects, it simply doesn’t work. I tried calibrating it automatically with the “step sensor” and it never matched the pace I was running at. Setting the pace manually is fine if you know you’re going to stay at that pace for the entire run but it makes for a dull a run. Pretty much worthless.
Straight up what the other reviewer said. Bug fix, please. Also, runners coming towards you are "leaning". However, if you are visual, if your treadmill is in your dreary basement,
the distraction of the changing scenery and
seeing "others" running, provides a nice distraction.
Despite the flaws, I enjoy using this app.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 26, 2014
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 344 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Paofit Group Limited
- © Paofit Group Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Tropical Garden Run$1.99
- Sequoia Forest$5.99
- Bali Villages$3.99
- Death Valley$5.99