Paper by FiftyThree
By FiftyThree, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Paper® is the immersive sketching app for capturing ideas anywhere. Over 25 million people have found their personal creative space in Paper—handwriting notes, drafting, diagramming, sketching, and giving form to their vision.
FIND YOUR FLOW
Sketch, draw, diagram, color, write notes: No matter what the inspiration, you can get it down on Paper. Capture your ideas in beautiful, 3D Journals that keep you focused and in your creative flow. Fast, gesture-based navigation makes it easy and natural to use Paper. Easily move your ideas into Paste, our app for creative teams.
SKETCH WITH CONFIDENCE
Every tool tuned to perfection: draw, sketch, outline, write, color, diagram, cut, fill, and mix. Auto-correction snaps rough drawings to straight lines and crisp shapes for quickly drafting architectures and diagrams. Drop in templates like grid, lines, and storyboard to help structure your ideas.
WORK ON THE IDEA, NOT THE TOOL
Paper’s simple, quiet interface and gestural navigation offer you space to create without the distraction of controls and sliders. Pencil and touch superpowers let you draw, cut, and move without switching modes. Drag to easily rearrange pages, group notes with sketches, annotate photos, even "undo" with a gesture and stay in the flow.
YOUR IDEAS, YOUR WORLD
Arrange your personal set of Journals with beautiful covers to customize your creative space. Expand your pages to view them as a grid for easy organization.
BECOME A PRO
Take your creativity to the next level. Get additional tools and features by subscribing to Paper Pro. Subscription is optional, and you can cancel anytime. To subscribe, visit the Paper Pro section in the Settings menu.
Paper Pro is an optional renewing 6-month subscription. You can cancel at any time.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account once you confirm the purchase.
* Your subscription will automatically renew within 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. To opt out, you must turn off the auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
* Manage changes to your subscription in the iTunes Account Settings.
* Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited when you purchase a Paper Pro subscription.
Love Paper? Please leave a review! We read every comment, review, and tweet, and your thoughts and suggestions are taken into serious consideration as we continue to evolve Paper.
If you need help or want to share feedback, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Service: http://www.fiftythree.com/legal/terms
What's New in Version 4.0.4
4.04 contains these fixes:
- Paper would always reset to the first color palette. Now Paper keeps your palette in place.
- Tapping on the canvas would sometimes cause a Cut action. All fixed. Now your taps are just taps.
- Tap-to-fill and tap-to-cut Smart Shapes was unreliable, especially when using Apple Pencil. Both of those actions are easier now.
- Tossing a cut region to delete it is a fast and fun way to delete things. Now you can do it even if you're zoomed in.
- When using a stylus, if your finger was set to Draw, Paper would blend instead. We fixed that.
- Check out our updated support site: support.fiftythree.com
- Journal list view and search: Quickly jump to any journal, even if you've got a few hundred of them. (All users)
- Custom imported cover images: Add your own image to any journal cover. (All users)
- Scale, rotate, and move imported images. (All users)
- Reorder Journals (All users)
- Multi-select in Grid View w/ delete, export, duplicate and rotate actions (All users)
- Zoom dot grid (All users)
Paper 4.0 is entirely rebuilt, reworked with SceneKit to be even more beautifully simple.
* An all-new look and feel for Paper
* Arrange sketches and notes into 3D journal view: a personal set of notebooks
* Group notes with sketches and annotate your photos
* Beautiful covers to customize your workspace
* Your notebooks transform into grids for easy organization
* Support for Split View and all device orientations
* Optimized for iPhone X, all iPad Pro, and Apple Pencil
* Paper Patron is now Paper Pro
* Works with Paste for building stories with your team
Are you kidding me?
I was a pro user with the original app... even had two Pencils that worked okay (never great) until they just died. I wanted to support the developer because I loved the product. I used it for all kinds of notes and sketches. I had 20 notebooks identified by colors and custom artwork. Now I open the app and all my work is shoved into 20 identical black notebooks that I have to pay to customize. Plus features I regularly used are now behind a paywall.
I’m reading the developer responses and they are tone deaf. They played bait and switch with their users. The argument is that the features you “paid” for aren’t locked behind a paywall. Maybe, technically, that’s “mostly” true. But people didn’t pay extra for brushes and pens. They paid extra for brushes and pens to use with Paper. When you put what devs consider “free” features behind a paywall (like something as silly as journal customization) they are taking features away from pro (paying) users. Not only taking away features, but actually going in and changing the no longer “free” artwork you created in your device.
I’m very sad this developer turns out to be so hostile to users. I’ll use my money to find an alternative that isn’t going to steal my work. I get it... developers need revenue to maintain software. But these actions are just rotten to the core.
Latest update makes it less usable
I used to use this app for most of my doodles but the latest update has introduced changes to the UI that make it difficult to use. Examples: undo/redo moved from being in the tool drawer with all your other tools to the far removed upper right corner, and shrunk in size, making it harder and take longer to tap on. Inside a book you can now only see a single illustration at a time instead of thumbnails of all of them, making it tedious and irritating to find a drawing in a book with many drawings. Loading a drawing did not go into edit mode unless you tapped the edit icon but now loading a drawing always makes it immediately editable with no button for display only?! The movement of the color palette from a grid on the right to a single row of smaller icons across the top is also not a good change.
53, please make the app better with updates, not worse.
They now want me to keep paying for what I already paid for.
I bought paper when it first came out. I believe it was $2.99 then. I even paid $7.99 on top it for the upgraded color picker and additional pens. I loved the design of moleskinesque fan out journals, and the way the watercolor brushes blended on paper. I also loved being able to choose my own art for my journal covers.
Then at some point they made paper free, and redesigned it to be a bunch of cards. I wasn’t a huge fan of that redesign, but I still was able to organize my journals with cover art.
Now they went back to the original fan out design, and restricted my choice to one color with no custom covers??? And want me to pay $5.99 every six months to get the features that I already paid money for??? Fank you very much FiftyThree!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 08, 2017
- Version: 4.0.4
- Size: 103 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: FiftyThree, Inc.
- © 2017 FiftyThree Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Paper Pro$5.99