Paper - Notes, Photo Annotation, and Sketches by FiftyThree
By FiftyThree, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
When inspiration happens, put it on Paper. Paper is the best way to capture and connect your notes, photos, and sketches. Create checklists, spotlight details in photos, and sketch diagrams with unbeatable speed and ease — Paper is like a wall of sticky notes for everything that inspires you.
Paper’s swipe-to-style formatting makes creating checklists and notes faster and more fun than any other app. The photo spotlight tool helps you quickly clarify essential details.
Bring text, photos, and sketches together. Keep your ideas organized, and see everything in one place to make connections you can’t see in siloed lists.
Paper’s unique visual notes are designed to help you get your point across quickly and precisely. Paper also lets you share your ideas any way you want to, including as professionally-formatted PDFs, Keynote and Powerpoint presentations.
The original iPad version of Paper is a winner of Apple’s App of the Year and is used by millions around the world. The Universal version adds support for iPhone, in addition to text, photos, and sketching, all beautifully designed for touch. Paper is completely free with no in-app purchases.
What's New in Version 3.5.0
This update introduces new automatic text formatting to make your notes look better, faster. You can also now send text and photos from other apps directly to Paper via our iOS Share Extension.
Love Paper? Please give us a review! We are reading every comment, review, and tweet, and your thoughts and suggestions will definitely be taken into consideration as we continue to evolve Paper.
Need help or want to send us feedback? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t respond to App Store reviews so please email if something seems broken.
- New text ideas will start with big bold text, and auto format to normal text as you continue typing.
- Text ideas will vertically center in the Spaces grid view.
- Paper is now available as an iOS Share Extension for compatible apps. Import text and photos from other apps directly into Paper through the iOS share menu.
- Bug fixes.
A paint and drawing app for all
It's taken me a while to learn how the Paper 53 app and Pencil 53 Stylus was going to work for me. As can be seen in the public area, this app appeals to all, young and mature artists. I've only started to create art digitally with this app recently. I am a canvas and paint artist, but now I find that digital art to be more satisfying.
I do have a couple of items that I wish they would add o the app. Layers, since paint on top of paint is not easy to accomplish here. Zooming in to work can be challenging even with the Pencil 53 Stylus. Sometime spreading my fingers to zoom, will blend the paint, and sometimes I don't catch it in time. Another area to fix, the very bottom of the paint area moves in and out of the screen, not nice since I use the entire canvas to apply paint.
So if the team does read these reviews, do you think you can work on some of these concerns in a future update?
Paper is as Simple as Paper, That's Why it's Amazing.
I've always been a doodler, I often carry a paper notepad for that very reason. Since I've downloaded Paper on the iPhone I've used it everyday. It's simply great, it can amuse me for hours if I'm not careful.
It's just as simple as drawing on paper with the added bonus of undo. I downloaded the App and started drawing with my finger, I was sold and bought the pencil the next day, which made it even easier to draw.
Now I just want a pencil with a slightly finer point and it would be perfect. That said I also use paper on the iPad and the pencil is perfect for detail. The pencil is just a little large on the iPhone 6 Plus screen but I can still get some great detail. My favourite App ever.
Super intuitive drawing/sketching
This app has an amazingly intuitive user interface for doing some simple sketching things with very appealing and easy to remember gestures and cut&paste© etc. Really sweet! Good palm rejection. Interfaces nicely with Apple Pencil.
Areas for improvement:
- The tool area wastes a lot of screen real estate. Why can't we just swipe along the small button area to select the right pen without wasting a fifth of the screen?
- Zooming or rotating selections to transform them around would be great. And intuitive with the usual gestures.
- Some of the tools are just a little thick or a little thin so that they are rarely particularly useful. Or only leave a faint trace on the paper. Either improving the defaults or at least provding some way of changing the width or so would help.
- Flood filling areas would be helpful. Things like draw a star and then throw a bucket of red ink into it to fill that area.
- Shape recognition could be improved. Works well for circles but rarely for anything else.
- two-way synchronizing documents via iCloud
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 25, 2016
- Version: 3.5.0
- Size: 98.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: FiftyThree, Inc.
- © 2015 FiftyThree, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases