ARE YOU READY FOR REAL HIGH-SPEED ACTION IN MICRO SIZE? Then buckle up and put the pedal to the metal while playing Paper Racer. Gain access to new tracks and prizes with each triumph and test yourself against drivers from across the globe. Create your own car and import it into the game just by photographing it with your iPhone. Drift around tight curves and maneuver your way through the array of obstacles that await you in this one-of-a-kind rally simulation.
16 REALISTIC RACECOURSES & GAME CENTER SUPPORT
All racetracks are extremely detailed and varied in their design. What’s more: they are absolutely teeming with obstacles that you must maneuver your way through, and thanks to a special physics engine they react realistically to collisions. Mastering the tracks is difficult, but thanks to the Game Center-supported system those who succeed in doing so can brag to their friends.
SEND AND SHARE YOUR SELF-CREATED CARS VIA FACEBOOR OR TWITTER
Draw your own car on a piece of paper and import it into the game just by taking a photo. No need to go through the bothersome process of cropping the picture, your iPhone will automatically isolate your car from the image. Send your best cars as barcodes via FACEBOOK and TWITTER. Your friends can import them with no hassle whatsoever, they just need to take picture of the barcode.
CROSS PLATFORM MULTIPLAYER
Drive thrilling races against your friends and show them who wears the pants!
The game’s physics engine makes sure drivers can tear it up as they speed down the course. None of the lighter objects on the speedway are anchored to the track. You can send these objects flying just by making them acquainted with your hood and grill.
You can choose to race at one of three levels of difficulty, so there’s a challenge for players of every skill level. Just remember: you can only rack up the most sought-after achievements when racing at the most difficult level.
The particle system ensures you can kick up all the dust you want no matter whether you are on or off the course. There is dirt and mud everywhere and you can bore right through it with your hotrod – YEEHAW!
Fix problems on iOS 8 and iOS 9.
Ratings and Reviews
AWESOME GAME BUT THE REST IS UP TO YOU!
This game has a great art style with paper-like visuals and offers some augmented reality integration as well. The game uses a customization system that allows players to import a wide variety of vehicles into the game and race with them. The way to create and import these vehicles is by drawing them on a piece of paper and using the iPhone’s camera to snap a photo of them. The visual style is very charming and everything in the game is made out of paper. This even includes the on-screen controls consisting of two pedals and arrows to control movement. The backgrounds are so detailed that you can see the stains on the tracks as if someone spilled a drink there. Paper Racer offers 16 courses to race through, physics-based collisions, and online rankings among its list of features. You can even share the cars you create on Facebook and Twitter.
The controls do need some work so it's easier to use them for people with small hands and especially if using an ipad. If this were tweaked a little to make this universal for iPad this would be the ultimate game. Please keep the updates coming and add MULTIPLAYER on GameCenter!
Unlike the other gushingly positive reviews who have exceedingly low moral standards (and judgement standards), here's a real review.
1) The interface of paper peeling back and so forth as you go in the menus and so forth is over done. Too much of a good thing, I suppose.
2) Controls on the iPad version need to be moveable, so we can hold the device better.
3) The game itself is fine, casual, not too serious about a whole lot. But...
4) The tracks are over-done. A little too much time in Photoshop? The kids had a go at each level? There's too much paint and needless artifacts which don't contribute to any positive feel of the game.
5) No track preview so you know what you are going to encounter the first time you play it. We need it.
6) There's 16 tracks total, FYI. Enough for about two hours of solid play.
7) I didn't test out the custom car feature, as my device doesn't have a camera and I'm not going to spend three hours trying to make a decent design. But I imagine the result would be rather fugly, regardless.
8) The whole UI is over-detailed. It's like expecting a clean, polished UI, but instead some first grade art project submission with paint and artifacts liberally sprayed all over the place.
9) The handling and feel of the cars is okay. Not spectacular, not anything crummy, but enough to get the job done. Kinda like Reckless Racing (first one) on Beginner mode.
Awesome little game
So far Paper Racer is an instant winner, and well worth the price of $0.99. The graphics are very good, as are the playability and physics of racing. Different challenges of the race environment keep things interesting from race to race. One cool feature is the ability to create your own car using a photo from your library - a nice little tweak. The only thing I don't like is the song that keeps looping as seemingly the only song on the soundtrack.
I hope the developer adds more tracks in future updates. if so this game could be among the better iOS games, especially at this price point.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.