Paper – stories from Facebook
By Facebook, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Apple Best Apps of 2014**
**Apple App Store Editors' Choice **
**Fast Company Best Mobile Apps of 2014**
Explore and share stories from friends and the world in immersive designs and fullscreen, distraction-free layouts. Paper includes your Facebook News Feed and sections about your favorite topics.
• Browse stories from your Facebook News Feed in beautiful new layouts.
• Customize your Paper with sections about your favorite themes and interests.
• Unfold beautifully designed article covers for news and stories from trusted sources.
• Tilt the screen to explore vivid high-resolution photos and see details up close.
• Watch fullscreen videos that come to life and fill the screen.
• Use simple, natural movements to thumb through Paper uninterrupted.
• Craft your own stories and see exactly what your posts will look like before you share them.
What's New in Version 1.2.6
We made Paper better than ever, so you can enjoy more of the stories and photos you love. This release includes performance improvements based on your feedback.
Here's what's new:
• Messenger stickers really stick. We fixed a bug that sometimes caused sticker packs to vanish after restart.
• See more of your sections. Upgraded section navigation performance gets you to more of the stories you want to see.
Thanks for using Paper! Your comments and suggestions help us make Paper the best it can be.
Most recent Update's bugs
There's been a lot of updates to Paper that have improved the previous experience. I use Paper so much more than the default Facebook app, that I often tend to delete Facebook. With that said, there are minor updates needed, which still causes me to download the original Facebook app in order to do. Such tweaks include the ability to edit the content in a post / comment after it has already been submitted. Another feature is the ability to include what you are feeling / doing in a new post. Although it's not perfect, I still feel this app is much better than the default app, which I believe still warrants a 5 star rating.
Great app, needs finishing touches
I use paper every day for news and Facebook. I love it. That being said, there are a lot of little changes that would make this app a lot better. Below are what I consider the three biggest issues for the app.
Firstly, reading at night is painful because of the all white background, even on my phones lowest brightness setting. Secondly, the easy swipe down method to close pages can impair scrolling on an open web page. Additionally the sections feature is great, but there is no ability to narrow the topic you want to read about.
Paper is a real replacement for a newspaper, but these developments would take it to the next level and warrant a five star review.
It's much better than the normal Facebook app but....
This app is much better than facebook app... But it misses some features such as switching between most recent/close friends sections and also the messenger doesn't show how long has been the person active unless you search for his name...
Also I can't reply on comments or see the top comments or friends comments first, so that's a good feature missing I really want you to add it please...
And finally it gets a bit annoying when watching videos and opening websites from the app as they can easily be accidentally closed.
And finally... Why can't I access saved stuff from this app???
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 11, 2015
- Version: 1.2.6
- Size: 49.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.