Paper – stories from Facebook
By Facebook, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore and share stories from friends and the world in immersive designs and fullscreen, distraction-free layouts. Paper includes your Facebook News Feed and sections about your favorite topics.
• Browse stories from your Facebook News Feed in beautiful new layouts.
• Customize your Paper with sections about your favorite themes and interests.
• Unfold beautifully designed article covers for news and stories from trusted sources.
• Tilt the screen to explore vivid high-resolution photos and see details up close.
• Watch fullscreen videos that come to life and fill the screen.
• Use simple, natural movements to thumb through Paper uninterrupted.
• Craft your own stories and see exactly what your posts will look like before you share them.
What's New in Version 1.1
Thanks again for your feedback on Paper. We’ve been working to build features you’ve asked for, and we’re excited to share version 1.1. Here’s the scoop:
• Birthdays and events: Never miss a chance to celebrate! Just tap the notifications globe and scroll down to see important dates ahead.
• Photo comments: When words aren’t enough, now you can add photos to comments to show how you feel.
• Group updates: Don’t miss posts from your favorite groups. Swipe down to open the Main Menu. Tap the More Options icon to the right of the Search box. When you see your groups, check the new unread counts to catch up on the posts you've missed.
• New story buttons: To keep up with the latest stories in a section in fullscreen view, or to catch the newest stories in the next section, tap the new story arrows when they appear.
• More article covers: 9 new article covers join our collection, making easier to spot your favorite sources on Paper. Keep an eye out for Fox News, Bloomberg News, Mashable, FT, kottke, Popular Science, The Hollywood Reporter, Vanity Fair and Hacker News.
• Basic accessibility: All of your sections now support basic accessibility features, and we’re working to extend accessibility throughout the app.
As always, thanks for using Paper. We hope you enjoy this update and look forward to sharing even more improvements with you soon.
In case you missed the previous update, here’s what was new in version 1.0.2:
• Share articles via Facebook Messages, text message, or email
• Turn off sound effects and enjoy the silence
• Create stories in languages that use multi-stage input, including Chinese, Japanese and Korean
• Experience other improvements that make Paper even more reliable and—hopefully—that much more fun to use!
It's a great app, but hindered.
Paper is by far the superior app when it comes to experiencing Facebook on the move. It's clearly built with great design in mind, and works extremely well as both a minor news aggregator and a dedicated Facebook accessor.
Truly, the only fault I find with the app is not actually part of the app itself- it's the less than ideal image qualities supplied by both the news sources and my friends. This hiccup in quality truly does take away from the experience, making it look a lot like an early Flipboard.
If Facebook could figure out how to fix this issue, say by only using the best photos for news streams and auto enhancing my friends, then the total experience would be exceedingly excellent.
As the app itself is not at fault, Paper gains 5 stars in my opinion.
Best mobile app ive Used
As an interactive designer in the social media addict myself when I just covered paper I wasn't expecting much I had that great reviews but mostly I was disappointed they end up being stale Facebook paper is very dynamic it's very interactive and it allows you to discover new ways media that you have never seen before you end up reading a lot more articles that are interesting to you simply because they are now appealing they didn't used to be they used to be links now they Amazing previews, with paper you end up spending way more time with your news also with your friends and with the links they post the links the videos come to live in paper it's really an astounding app it's simply the best app I've ever used
Awesome app, but only available in US
Paper is a very awesome app! I like its presentation, just that it may not be ideal to find a particular post out of the millions of spam. Also, in the main Facebook app, u can see more content while in paper u have to scroll more to be able to see more content.
However, the only major perk about Paper is that it is only available in the US. If it could be extended to other countries it would be so much better! :) Also, if possible, an iPad app would be great too (especially with its large screen)!
Overall, this is one of the most awesome apps I had ever used! :)
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 58.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.