By Nuance Communications
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
PaperPort Notes is a digital note taking tool for the iPad that is transforming the way people create and share information. Now you can combine documents, web content, audio, typed text as well as hand written notes into a single document that you can easily organize and share with anyone.
PaperPort Notes brings you a complete note taking experience on the iPad that you won't want to ever be without.
• Quickly take typed and/or free hand notes
• Leverage Dragon voice recognition to capture your ideas and notes simply by speaking
• Convert scanned documents from the camera or photo albumn into editable text using the Nuance OmniPage Cloud service
• Leverage powerful annotative tools to quickly mark up documents
• Never miss another detail by adding audio page by page within your notes
• Combine full documents, individual pages, content from the web and notes into a single document.
• Powerful search, copy/paste, reordering and bookmarking tools allow you to quickly navigate your notes while staying organized
• Access and share content using your favorite cloud storage services
• PaperPort Anywhere connector provides access to files stored online or within PaperPort Desktop
• Much more... Follow us on twitter for tips and updates @PaperPortNotes
What's New in Version 2.1.1
-64 Bit support
-Bug fixes related to backup & restore
-Implementation of Crashlytics to help us improve the App
I was really excited to find this app. It definitely does some really clever and wonderful things, but I find the user interface to be a huge problem. I import PDFs, and add a lot of small sticky notes throughout the document. I often need to go in and edit those notes, and move them around on the page, etc. It is possible to do these things, but it can be such a challenge to do so, it is often not worth it. In trying to move the cursor in my note, I often end up accidentally deleting the note altogether. Why isn't there an undo? It is also very difficult to keep the font size in a note constant when you add to it. Please fix the interface!!!
It also tends to screw up the PDF upon export. It moves text in the original document from one page to the next, and then messes up the spacing of the text on the next page. I am going to have to find a better solution.
I use as a PDF creator.
Initially I was very excited about this program as a replacement for the Notes program that comes standard on the iPad. The ability to open documents in other programs on the iPad as well as upload to cloud storage services such as Dropbox and others are a definite improvement over Notes. You do that using the Share function. But the general workflow is awkward, so I find myself using Notes or Readdle Documents in most cases. What is great about PaperPort Notes is that I can I import documents from different programs or cut and paste from the Notes program into PaperPort Notes and export (Share) a into PDF format. I hope you find this review helpful.
Very Frustrating App! Waste of Time!
I've had this app for over two years and each time that I have used it I have walked away totally frustrated! It doesn't always recognize a touch gesture & it's easy to delete a box, sticky note, etc. Tried sending an email to company for assistance & it creates a loop, never actually providing a link or an email address to do so. It's definitely not user friendly!!! I've tried using it on my older iPad 2 and now on my iPad Air 2. I will be deleting this app now.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 27, 2014
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 12.9 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Nuance Communications
- © 2013 Nuance Communications, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.