Papers is your personal library of research on the go. Find, read, organize, share and sync your research papers - anytime, anywhere!
• Revolutionize how you collect, organize, and read documents.
• Search simultaneously from 20+ repositories, including PubMed, Google Scholar and ArXiv.
• When you import papers into your library, Papers lets you organize them in collections and read, annotate and freehand draw them in glorious full screen.
• Import Word, PowerPoint, and other document files to your library and organize them just as easy as your PDFs.
• Automatically find and download the PDF for references you import from search engines, when the full-text is available!
• Papers now also optionally lets you synchronize your library via your local Wi-Fi network or Dropbox to your Mac, PC and iOS devices.
• Create Shared Collections and add content to your Reading List, also accessible via your web browser.
• Support for Apple Pencil in the reader mode.
Papers is a full workflow solution designed to make sure you spend time on what’s important: your research.
- Fixes compatibility issues with iOS 11
- Fixes an issue where searching via Google Scholar didn't return any search results
- Improves Dropbox syncing
Ratings and Reviews
Loyal fan says: still not up to scratch
I have been a Papers user since their first version's beta. The "iTunes for PDFs" paradigm holds true, they win my 3 stars for that. Metadata imports correctly, easily searchable database etc.
On a modern device though, they have yet to catch up. Synchronization of the database doesn't happen fast enough upon launch; I still find myself manually hitting the synchronization button faster than the software detects the need to. Unacceptable for a mobile solution. The devs should also take a page from Skitch, which allows for really convenient document markup. Finally, yes, they also ask me to rate the software on launch... Not the best time to do so, it is disrespectful of the user's workflow. For those points, two stars lost. Fix those first two, and I will bump my review to 5-stars.
Update: recently downloaded Papers again, and found that it doesn't launch successfully at all after enabling synchronization! I tap the app, it launches, and the promptly quits. Not sure what's going on here...
I've been using Papers for a long time, and it is, by far, the best tool for managing academic and even business research. I have over 10,000 books and articles in my collection, and I have access to my research pretty much wherever I am. I use all the tools that Mekentosj offers: tools on my MacBook, my desktop Mac, my iPad, iPhone, and now a new iMac. Everything is linked. My only request would be to provide some richer tools for collaborating remotely. I have several colleagues that are hundreds if not thousands of miles apart, and we could really use a web-based solution, maybe something in the cloud.
All that said, I encourage people to share their ideas with the team as they have been incredibly responsive to date. Great job!
Terrible broken app
I own the desktop app and wanted to take advantage of being able to take my papers on the way with me... Well, nothing of synch process went smoothly for me ever since I started using this app till the deletion point. In a nutshell:
- synching works only via separately created network on your notebook, connection of an iPad and the notebook with the same WiFi-network will not be enough;
- the more you synch, the more discrepancies you get: first, I observed the difference in the number of papers, which grew from 10 to 20, then over 300 deleted papers kept appearig as ghost papers on the mobile version with no attached files;
- no indicator showing the progress of transfering pdfs; the process just last enernally without you never knowing whether the transfer is completed or not.
Unfortunately, I had to delete this mediocre app and use other readers for iPad. Worst experience ever...
- 103.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Digital Science & Research Solutions Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.