Papers is your personal library of research on the go. Find, read, organize, share and sync your research papers - anytime, anywhere!
• Revolutionize how you collect, organize, and read documents.
• Search simultaneously from 20+ repositories, including PubMed, Google Scholar and ArXiv.
• When you import papers into your library, Papers lets you organize them in collections and read, annotate and freehand draw them in glorious full screen.
• Import Word, PowerPoint, and other document files to your library and organize them just as easy as your PDFs.
• Automatically find and download the PDF for references you import from search engines, when the full-text is available!
• Papers now also optionally lets you synchronize your library via your local Wi-Fi network or Dropbox to your Mac, PC and iOS devices.
• Create Shared Collections and add content to your Reading List, also accessible via your web browser.
• Support for Apple Pencil in the reader mode.
Papers is a full workflow solution designed to make sure you spend time on what’s important: your research.
- Fixes compatibility issues with iOS 11
- Fixes an issue where searching via Google Scholar didn't return any search results
- Improves Dropbox syncing
Ratings and Reviews
Papers is an invaluable resource. I started using it while doing research for my PhD. By saving all my research to Papers I had instant access and an easy method of organization. As a library and search engine it was excellent. I did however find it difficult to easily apply reference information between papers and my word processing program. I did try using Papers as a linked bibliography data base, but this caused problems with existing references and required me to completely rework my footnotes and references. I admit that this nave been because of some misunderstanding on my part. But, I found the help to be less than helpful. So rather than risk having to redo the references and footnotes again I relied on the built in reference and footnote functions within the word processing program.
But, as I said above, I did find the program invaluable as a resource for my PhD and continue to use it as my primary means for searching and accessing research.
Loyal fan says: still not up to scratch
I have been a Papers user since their first version's beta. The "iTunes for PDFs" paradigm holds true, they win my 3 stars for that. Metadata imports correctly, easily searchable database etc.
On a modern device though, they have yet to catch up. Synchronization of the database doesn't happen fast enough upon launch; I still find myself manually hitting the synchronization button faster than the software detects the need to. Unacceptable for a mobile solution. The devs should also take a page from Skitch, which allows for really convenient document markup. Finally, yes, they also ask me to rate the software on launch... Not the best time to do so, it is disrespectful of the user's workflow. For those points, two stars lost. Fix those first two, and I will bump my review to 5-stars.
Update: recently downloaded Papers again, and found that it doesn't launch successfully at all after enabling synchronization! I tap the app, it launches, and the promptly quits. Not sure what's going on here...
I've been using Papers for a long time, and it is, by far, the best tool for managing academic and even business research. I have over 10,000 books and articles in my collection, and I have access to my research pretty much wherever I am. I use all the tools that Mekentosj offers: tools on my MacBook, my desktop Mac, my iPad, iPhone, and now a new iMac. Everything is linked. My only request would be to provide some richer tools for collaborating remotely. I have several colleagues that are hundreds if not thousands of miles apart, and we could really use a web-based solution, maybe something in the cloud.
All that said, I encourage people to share their ideas with the team as they have been incredibly responsive to date. Great job!
- 103.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Digital Science & Research Solutions Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.