Paprika Recipe Manager for iPhone
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: each version of Paprika is sold separately for each device, but Paprika Cloud Sync is a free service.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, highlight your current step, and keep the screen on while you are cooking.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via AirDrop or email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- Improved compatibility with iOS 10.
My very most useful app!
I have used this app for probably two years and I depend on it almost daily. I love that you can save recipes from any website - most will auto format. If it won't format it for you it's a simple copy and paste to get it saved. If there is a website that Paprika doesn't jive with, all you have to do is email them and soon it will be added (or it was in my experience). I have it on both my iPhone and iPad and they sync seamlessly. Another thing I like is that the screen on my device doesn't go to sleep mode while I'm using the app so I'm. It constantly swiping and messing with my password to get back into my device to continue with the recipe. I love that you can easily make notes to and rate a recipe and categorizing recipes is a snap. This recipe is seriously the most useful app for any home cook. You can also use it to plan your meals on a calendar and help create a grocery list but I don't use those. For that I'm a handwritten list kind of girl. If your recipe box is a jumble of tagged pages and saved links, you need this app. Even if it's not a mess, you need this app. Trust me. 😀
Love this app
I've owned Paprika for 4-5 years and could not cook without it. I recommend it at least weekly to other foodies. The improvements made over the years have been thoughtful, time saving, and very helpful. While there are some minor features I would like to see enhanced, none of them prevent this from being a great app or deserving if 5 stars. Downloading a recipe could not be much better. Click, click, click and it's in there. Frankly that's pretty clever since many bloggers bury their recipes in rhetoric and photos!
I use the app when shopping not only to keep a shopping list but to see if I have a recipe that uses a certain food that is in sale. At home I peruse the pantry, fridge and freezer to see what's in hand and then query Paprika for a recipe that uses certain ingredients. The recipes I save in Pinterest eventually get pushed to Paprika (by me).
Kudos to the developers for understanding our needs and putting it all in a great app.
LOVE this for my cooking 🍵
I previously used another app and found it difficult to manage recipes when I found ones I wanted to save. Paprika has made keeping things organized and even setting my own system so much easier.
I also don't know why others are complaining about the need for scaling. It's already there and that's another feature I love about this app. When I went home for the holiday I doubled a recipe for my big family and when I'm on my own, I can reduce a recipe I like that will usually make 8-10 servings to only 2-4. It's great. 👍🏻
My only request would be for groceries: the ability to sort by recipe instead of just store department. Makes it a bit easier if something isn't available to see which recipe you can make, what you can wait to buy. Pinch those pennies.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Nov 18, 2016
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2016 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.