Paprika Recipe Manager for iPhone
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: each version of Paprika is sold separately for each device, but Paprika Cloud Sync is a free service.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, highlight your current step, and keep the screen on while you are cooking.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via AirDrop or email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- Improved compatibility with iOS 10.
Love this app
I've owned Paprika for 4-5 years and could not cook without it. I recommend it at least weekly to other foodies. The improvements made over the years have been thoughtful, time saving, and very helpful. While there are some minor features I would like to see enhanced, none of them prevent this from being a great app or deserving if 5 stars. Downloading a recipe could not be much better. Click, click, click and it's in there. Frankly that's pretty clever since many bloggers bury their recipes in rhetoric and photos!
I use the app when shopping not only to keep a shopping list but to see if I have a recipe that uses a certain food that is in sale. At home I peruse the pantry, fridge and freezer to see what's in hand and then query Paprika for a recipe that uses certain ingredients. The recipes I save in Pinterest eventually get pushed to Paprika (by me).
Kudos to the developers for understanding our needs and putting it all in a great app.
Love the app only one suggestion
I really love the user interface. It is intuitive, clear, and well laid out. I have used this app to organize everything from grocery purchases, meal planning, and the recipe database. Everything works great! I have one suggestion for a need that has come up recently in my life, and thought it may be applicable to others. There is a group of 3 of us that want to start eating healthier I would like to share recipes and meal calendars seamlessly through the app instead of emailing each recipe to the other 2 people. So I guess my suggestion would be a readable version of a shared paprika app, with an option to import the shared apps recipes into my own recipes. Maybe that could be done for a future update. Otherwise I love the app and use it all the time.
This app changed my life (no joke)
I never have time to write reviews but I had to do it for this app because of how much easier it has made this fundamental part of my life: eating. I eat much healthier when it is planned and this app allows me to do that. It is a very powerful app that does many things (go look at the list) and yet still remains incredibly user friendly despite the incredible functionality. Kudos to the programmers of this app. One complaint: The browser for the desktop version is not secure and may download viruses. I am on a mac so it doesn't affect me much, but I use that feature only on my phone just in case. But please fix that so I don't have to worry about it! Despite that issue, this app still gets 5 stars because it's just that amazing. Thank you!
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Nov 18, 2016
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2016 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.