Paprika Recipe Manager for iPhone - Get your recipes organized!
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: each version of Paprika is sold separately for each device, but Paprika Cloud Sync is a free service.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, highlight your current step, and keep the screen on while you are cooking.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via AirDrop or email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
Hi folks. I am pleased to announce a major upgrade to Paprika’s web browser that we have been working on for quite some time. To make it easier to save recipes from your favorite sites, we have built a natural language processing engine into Paprika that can automatically recognize any recipe written in plain English on any website.
This means that you no longer have to request support for specific sites to be added to Paprika, nor will you need to resort to Paprika’s clipboard tools to copy and paste the recipe from the browser when you encounter an unsupported site. Just press Save Recipe and Paprika will figure out the rest.
Been using it for years!!
This is one of my favorite apps! I bought it on my phone and iPad and I highly recommend it. Would you spend $$ on a dumb plastic recipe box?? Then why not invest in something WAY more useful? The way it grabs recipes from websites makes it super easy to use. I love how can share so easily with people with and without the app. Keeping your recipes organized is super easy and the grocery list makes shopping easy...just wish maybe it linked with Wunderlist - but that's probably wishful thinking. My only tip is too make sure you use the sorting categories from the start, because they are useful and it's annoying to go back and do it. I use things like "Mexican" or "30 Minutes". Your recipes can have as many categories as you'd like!
Update: I just want to stop by and reiterate that I love this app. I appreciate and am amazed by how easy it is to import a recipe straight from Safari. The interface is so quick and easy to use, very efficient to add and edit recipes. It's just a delight and I appreciate having all this data right at hand.
The best, easiest yet comprehensive recipe/menu planner I have found. I have been using it off and on for over a year, through heavy planning periods and fly-by "I don't want to cook" times as well. I enjoy how simple it is to upload recipes or put together meals, both processes that can be so tedious in other apps. The interface is very attractive, as well. I have no experience with the shopping list as I have another app I prefer for that.
Finally 1 place for all my recipes!
I love this app! I've been using it for years and have it for my iPhone and iPad. It is great at extracting recipes and loading them on. And if you have no choice but to do it manually, it provides a relatively (but not completely) painless way of doing so. I only wish the desktop version wasn't so pricey (and why I don't own it). Also, I wish it would also extract hyperlinks of texts in recipes so I could click on them. Some recipes will refer to another recipe and make the text a link there. But paprika doesn't seem able to retain it.
Overall tho, it has great syncing and backup abilities so I know I won't lose them!
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Feb 17, 2016
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2016 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.