Paprika Recipe Manager for iPhone - Get your recipes organized!
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: each version of Paprika is sold separately for each device, but Paprika Cloud Sync is a free service.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, highlight your current step, and keep the screen on while you are cooking.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via AirDrop or email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
What's New in Version 2.1.6
- Fixed a memory leak when syncing.
This is the one for me...
I have tried several recipe apps, and this one is the best by far. I would like to see the ability to export grocery lists to Grocery IQ but even without it I can use it by checking both apps while at the store. When I am cooking for one person, I love being able to scale the recipes so I don’t have as much waste. I like to research foods on the Mac, or even on the phone, and import them… then use the iPad in the kitchen while I cook. Reason I would like integration with Grocery IQ is that app has an online version and can be accessed from anywhere on any device without having the software on you. Another nice feature while using Paprika is the ability to check ingredients off while you are preparing foods, as well as highlighting the instruction section you are working in. Recipes are easy to add to your collection whether you are manually entering or importing them… and it’s great to be able to send a recipe to someone right from the phone. This app works smoothly with no hesitations no matter what platform you are running it on. It’s the only recipe app you will need.
My favorite and most use app
I'm addicted to Paprika and have been for months. This app has completely enhanced the way we plan meals and find new recipes. The grocery list alone makes it worth the money. I've purchased it for all three of my devices (iPhone, iPad and MacBook) and it syncs effortlessly. I continue to tell anyone that likes to cook to buy this app. My friends and family like to share recipes with each other and you can send them beautifully formatted via email in just a couple of clicks. It also allows them to import it directly into their Paprika app, if they have it, or even download the app and import it if they choose. Beautifully done.
There are a few enhancements I'd love to see in future updates.
1) The ability to filter on multiple categories when searching. For instance, search on anything I've categorized as "main dish", and then from those results, filter on all items I've categorized as "vegetarian".
2) When adding a recipe to the shopping list, I'd like to have a pantry button next to each ingredient that would remove it from the shopping list and add it to the pantry list.
3) I love the idea of the timer functionality but it doesn't notify you if Paprika is minimized which will often happen if you are waiting for something to bake.
Looking forward to the other enhancements you make to continue improving this app. Thanks for creating something so incredibly well thought out for the home chef. LOVE IT!
I can't find a single thing wrong with this app; it works well, it's helpful, it's pretty, you can print it, you can send recipes – beautifully laid out – to friends in email, & it does what I needed to do. So why not five stars? One reason is the price: $5 is pretty expensive for one device; but ANOTHER $5 for each additional device? And then, holy cow, $20 for desktops/laptops?!?! That is just plain excessive. Why not offer a discount to people who want to have it on multiple devices? I wouldn't even mind some ads. (Did I just say that?)
C'mon Spice Girls (or whomever is the creator of Paprika); your greed is showing from underneath your spicy red deliciousness.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 25, 2015
- Version: 2.1.6
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2014 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.