Paprika Recipe Manager - Get your recipes organized!
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: each version of Paprika is sold separately for each device, but Paprika Cloud Sync is a free service.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, highlight your current step, and keep the screen on while you are cooking.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via AirDrop or email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
"However, the Paprika Recipe Manager app for the iPad is all about managing your own recipes. And, it does this brilliantly." - Appadvice.com
"With Paprika, I can browse recipe sites to my heart’s content and download them with the touch of a button. This is simply magical." - Macgasm.net
"The bottom line is, if you cook often and need to sort through recipes quickly and efficiently (not to mention generate shopping lists on the fly), Paprika is a terrific app and well worth the price." - 148apps.com
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- Improved iPad Pro support.
Best recipe software ever!
I've been using recipe software since "Now You’re Cooking” from my Windows days and “MacGourmet" after I saw the light and moved to Apple’s products. I've never seen any recipe management software as great as “Paprika”.
I don’t even need the app to be running in order to save recipes. If I’m using Safari on my desktop or iPad all I have to do is tap the “bookmarklet” at the top of my Bookmarks list and the program analyzes the page, extracts the recipe and saves it for the next time I open the app and then it syncs with no effort on my part. How cool is that? I’ve saved maybe 200 to 300 recipes this way so far and it’s only failed a couple of times. It even succeeds on blog sites with a dozen pics with the recipe instructions spread out between all the photos. Of course Paprika has its own built-in browser which works very well. The ability to save recipes from virtually any English language site is the newest feature, that’s why I’m mentioning it here.
I imported about 8500 recipes from MacGourmet (the MacGourmet recipes were imported from “Now You’re Cooking”. They imported well and now with about 9700 recipes in Paprika it still is very fast. I love using this!
A cook's dream
I can't say enough about the suite of apps (desktop, ipad, and iphone) and how they work together. The interface is clean, pretty, and user-friendly. Cooking with the ipad or iphone includes being able to check off ingredients, highlight instruction steps, and add notes on the fly. It's off-putting at first that you have to buy all three separately, but the total price ($30) is completely reasonable for what you get and it's still less than Living Cookbook which doesn't sync to any apps, and just a bit more than annual Pro membership in Big Oven which doesn't support a desktop app any more. I highly recommend Paprika.
The Absolute Best!!
This program is the greatest thing since the Internet! I own cookbooks that I never use because I always end up searching the Internet for the best recipes. Now with Paprika I can organize and keep those Internet recipes, make meal plans, and grocery lists quickly and easily. It's so much better than just pinning them all to Pinterest! It takes literally SECONDS to save a recipe, and because it has a great built in browser, there's no switching between programs.
I just changed my diet entirely to the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol, and I don't know how I would have done it without Paprika. I cannot recommend it highly enough!!
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Mar 29, 2016
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 7.2 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2016 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.