Paprika Recipe Manager
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: each version of Paprika is sold separately for each device, but Paprika Cloud Sync is a free service.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, and tap to highlight your current step.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
What's New in Version 2.1.3
- Fixed an issue with timers not counting down correctly while the computer is asleep.
- Correctly refresh the recipe view when editing prep time, cook time, and difficulty.
I'm a very basic user, I'm the exact same type of cook. I like things that are quick, easy to understand without a lot of needless bells and whistles. It actually took me a little bit of time to start using Paprika because I couldn't appreciate the difference between this app and just looking up a random recipe online. Once I got the hang of it though I really love it. I enjoy organizing everything into my own private cookbook, adding categories that make sense to me. I usually don't worry about features like the shopping list, but I'm glad it's there if needed. My favorite part is the "add your own" bar. If I'm importing a recipe sometimes the site is blocked. Come on, really? With this neat little app I can just highlight the field of information I want, click "add" at the bottom, and there it is!
I've seen reviews that are critical of some of the bells and whistles. Frankly, I never use them anyway, but I'll withhold one star because those complaints are pretty consistant. But for a basic user like me, there's not much to complain about with Paprika, and it has really helped to simply thie chore of cooking.
Good, needs a few tweaks
I love this app, and use it to help teach cooking classes.
But it badly needs a “Description” field in each recipe which should appear at the top of the recipe page and at the top of printouts. This field would hold information such as the basic description, any special techniques used (such as reductions or two-stage cooking), who or where the recipe originated, and complimentary flavors or recipe types. (e.g., meat and unique bread or baked dish and suggested sauces.) These don’t really fit in the Notes field at the bottom of the recipe, which should be reserved for cooking technique tips or ingredient notes.
Also, the fact that the default behavior is for all the main dropdown categories to always be expanded makes it hard to browse other categories, especially after adding a few sorely needed main categories such as “Breads”, "Rubs Marinades & Sauces”, “Crock Pot”, and “Want To Try” and sub-catagories such as “”Candies”, "Puddings”, “Ices/Ice Creams”, “Crisps”, etc whch fit into the desert category but not into existing sub-categories. I’ve found no way to make it remember that I want the main categories to default to the collapsed state.
Best out there!
I rarely write reviews but I can’t help myself! I have used at least 3 other recipe ap’s and have not been totally happy with any of them. I have Paprika on 3 devices and they sync seamlessly. I have just finished moving all of my favorite “paper” recipes into Paprika. Many of the recipes I thought were special family and friend recipes i found in the browser so didn’t even have to manually put them in. I was amazed! The browser if fabulous as it searches almost every recipe site out there. There is nothing I haven’t been able to find. This ap is also very user friendly when adding your own recipes.
The only down side is the price. You do have to buy the ap for each device. All I can say is you get what you pay for. I am DONE with the free ap’s that are klunky and difficult to use.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 07, 2015
- Version: 2.1.3
- Size: 4.2 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2014 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor