Paprika Recipe Manager
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: each version of Paprika is sold separately for each device, but Paprika Cloud Sync is a free service.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, and tap to highlight your current step.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
What's New in Version 2.1.3
- Fixed an issue with timers not counting down correctly while the computer is asleep.
- Correctly refresh the recipe view when editing prep time, cook time, and difficulty.
Best out there!
I rarely write reviews but I can’t help myself! I have used at least 3 other recipe ap’s and have not been totally happy with any of them. I have Paprika on 3 devices and they sync seamlessly. I have just finished moving all of my favorite “paper” recipes into Paprika. Many of the recipes I thought were special family and friend recipes i found in the browser so didn’t even have to manually put them in. I was amazed! The browser if fabulous as it searches almost every recipe site out there. There is nothing I haven’t been able to find. This ap is also very user friendly when adding your own recipes.
The only down side is the price. You do have to buy the ap for each device. All I can say is you get what you pay for. I am DONE with the free ap’s that are klunky and difficult to use.
You will not be disappointed. . .
I have had this app for over a year and use it every day!!! I have all of my paper recipes and all of my many scattered internet recipes all in one place now. I can use this on the iMac, iPad and iPhone and it synchs seamlessly over all three devices. The browser is amazing! I plan menus, meals, and shopping lists on this app. It’s one of the few apps I have purchased that is worth every penny!! If you like plan your meals, and like to have all your tried and true recipes and all the recipes you hope to try in the future all at your fingertips, this is the app for you - it is truly amazing!!!
Pros & Cons
1. cloud sync and a version for my phone so if I'm at the store and decide to make something it's there on my iPhone.
2. Importing recipes from allrecipes, kraft, martha, myrecipes, etc… is super easy. Even websites that aren't "supported" are still super easy thanks to the handy buttons at the bottom of the screen.
3. It’s easy to share recipes, I can email recipes right from my phone.
4. Good support, I encountered bugs early on and they fixed them quickly.
1. Importing From MasterCook: super EASY to export from MC, can export the entire cookbook with a few clicks. Importing them to Paprika takes FOREVER! it's a one-by-one process that takes a few billion clicks with EACH recipe.
2. If you'd planned to keep a paper copy be forwarned that it only prints FULL PAGE, no recipe cards, and only one recipe per page even if it's a tiny short recipe.
3. The print layout is pre-determined, you can't change it and put the "notes" section at the top.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 07, 2015
- Version: 2.1.3
- Size: 4.2 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2014 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor