Paprika Recipe Manager
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: each version of Paprika is sold separately for each device, but Paprika Cloud Sync is a free service.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, and tap to highlight your current step.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
Hi folks. I am pleased to announce a major upgrade to Paprika’s web browser that we have been working on for quite some time. To make it easier to save recipes from your favorite sites, we have built a natural language processing engine into Paprika that can automatically recognize any recipe written in plain English on any website.
This means that you no longer have to request support for specific sites to be added to Paprika, nor will you need to resort to Paprika’s clipboard tools to copy and paste the recipe from the browser when you encounter an unsupported site. Just press Save Recipe and Paprika will figure out the rest.
Outstanding recipe organizer
I’ve been using Paprika on my Mac, iPad and iPhone for the last two years. It is a joy to use and the best recipe organizer I've tried. My process is to capture the recipe on my Mac and then use my iPad to follow the recipe while I cook. If I'm in the store and have a hankering for something, I pull out my phone and I immediately have the shopping list.
The Mac version is uncanny in being able to capture recipes from sites using its browser feature. Simply enter the URL of the site and click Save Recipe and the recipe becomes part of Paprika. I've used it on the obvious sites like Epicurious and the not so obvious sites like Anova or Amazing Ribs. I have never seen it fail. My collection of recipes is now in the high hundreds, but finding a recipe by name, ingredient or category is simple using the search facility in the application.
Yes, it is definitely pricey, especially if you commit to all three programs, as I have. Nonetheless, I consider this an investment, as much as I would buying a Le Creuset dutch oven or a fine kitchen knife. Keeping yourself organized in the kitchen is essential for success, and Paprika accomplishes that with style. You'll need to commit to it to keep it up to date and to organize your categories, but it's well worth the effort. After using this (these) app(s) for a couple of years, the best recommendation I can give is I'd purchase them all over again!
Works for professionals as well as home cooks
I’ve been a professional cook for over 40 years – as a line cook, chef/owner, and now a caterer and cooking instructor. I’ve used Paprika for several years and love it, but I haven’t been moved to write a review until reading one that mentioned that it inspired the reviewer to become passionate about cooking for the first time. As a long-time passionate cook, I thought I should take the time to point out that Paprika is just as valuable for me.
Paprika is not only the best recipe file manager I’ve ever found or could ever imagine, it’s also an indispensable tool for digitizing recipes, which is a necessiity for creating hand-outs for cooking classes. I use it to find and download online versions of classic recipes which I would otherwise have to laboriously transcribe from cookbooks in my collection, and of course I also use it to capture new recipes I find in blogs and online cooking publications. (By the way, I strongly disapprove of stealing intellectual property, so if I’m passing along a recipe, whether to one friend or to a roomful of students, I always acknowledge the author and provide a link. Fortunately, Paprika always includes a link to the original.) Paprika is easy to use, easy to edit, and very quickly becomes indispensable.
I bought this app a few days ago, but I am already impressed. I’ve been using OmniFocus to sort recipes, make shopping lists, and sync to my phone for shopping, but I don’t have to do all of that manual entry now that I have Paprika. The browser function imports new recipes with pristine accuracy (and hey, if you’re cooking from the amazing recipe web sites that are fully supported, you’re not that serious about recipes to begin with). I have not used the pantry, pins or menus functions yet — I’m guessing I’ll come back and up my rating to 5 stars when I’ve done that. Syncing the app with your phone (as easy as entering your email and your password) and heading to the grocery store makes the shopping experience a breeze.
I love the editing capability — it allows you to alter recipes to your liking and to make notes for next time. You can also add your own timers simply by typing “x minutes” in the directions. You can even custom name the timers in each recipe. I can definitely see why professional cooks call this the best app they’ve seen. Worth the $25! (I know I sound like a commercial, but I’m a real user of this app and am not here just to promote sales!)
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 17, 2016
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 4.9 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2016 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor