Paprika Recipe Manager
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: each version of Paprika is sold separately for each device, but Paprika Cloud Sync is a free service.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, and tap to highlight your current step.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
Hi folks. I am pleased to announce a major upgrade to Paprika’s web browser that we have been working on for quite some time. To make it easier to save recipes from your favorite sites, we have built a natural language processing engine into Paprika that can automatically recognize any recipe written in plain English on any website.
This means that you no longer have to request support for specific sites to be added to Paprika, nor will you need to resort to Paprika’s clipboard tools to copy and paste the recipe from the browser when you encounter an unsupported site. Just press Save Recipe and Paprika will figure out the rest.
Good, needs a few tweaks; devs mark requested features “Solved” when they are not
I love this app, and use it to help teach cooking classes. The recent changes to web site imports is a great addition.
But it badly needs a “Description” field in each recipe which should appear at the top of the recipe page and at the top of printouts. This field would hold information such as the basic description, who or where the recipe originated, and complimentary flavors or recipe types. (e.g., meat and unique bread or baked dish and suggested sauces.) These don’t really fit in the Notes field at the bottom of the recipe, which should be reserved for cooking technique tips or ingredient notes.
Also, the fact that the default behavior is for ALL the main dropdown categories to always be expanded makes it hard to browse other categories, especially after adding a few sorely needed main categories such as “Breads”, "Rubs Marinades & Sauces”, “Crock Pot”, and “Want To Try” and sub-catagories such as “”Candies”, "Puddings”, “Ices/Ice Creams”, “Crisps”, etc whch fit into the desert category but not into existing sub-categories. I’ve found no way to make it remember that I want the main categories to default to the collapsed state.
I submitted both of these as requested features a year ago and the developers marked the request as “Solved” even though it isn’t.
Could be the best if:
I’ve used Paprika for almost two years now. It is where my complete library of recipes is now. I really like the product. Then why didn’t I give it “5” Stars instead of “4”? It is still missing two major features that they said where coming but are still not there. Those features are the ability to add pictures in the directions and Notes section and be able to bold and underline text in those same areas. Both of these things are important and would make this produce complete. I can only hope that they come soon. The developers have made great strides in being able to bring recipes into the database. Thanks for your efforts there. I think you’ve got that mastered now. Please add these other two promised features and the product would be unbeatable.
Great for daily management
I’ve been doing a lot of research (compaing Paprika, Cook’n and BigOven) and find that Paprika fits most of my needs - especially the day-to-day recipe management. I can download recipes very quickly, algortihms are great, create a a meal plan for the week and organize my shopping. And, it’s affordable. The only features (so far) that it’s missing that are really disappointing are 1) the ability to import from more file options, 2) the ability to export to a Word doc with recipe templates, 3) the ability to create customized cookbooks & print. From what I can tell, the only format to export from Paprika is in html, which then I have to cut and paste into a Word doc and it’s not formatted nicely. At this point, I will keep Cook’n desktop for archiving family recipes only (where I can export them to Word) and Paprika for day-to-day meal & recipe management.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 17, 2016
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 4.9 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2016 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor