Paprika Recipe Manager
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: each version of Paprika is sold separately for each device, but Paprika Cloud Sync is a free service.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, and tap to highlight your current step.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
Hi folks. I am pleased to announce a major upgrade to Paprika’s web browser that we have been working on for quite some time. To make it easier to save recipes from your favorite sites, we have built a natural language processing engine into Paprika that can automatically recognize any recipe written in plain English on any website.
This means that you no longer have to request support for specific sites to be added to Paprika, nor will you need to resort to Paprika’s clipboard tools to copy and paste the recipe from the browser when you encounter an unsupported site. Just press Save Recipe and Paprika will figure out the rest.
Changed how I cook; worth it on each platform
First, yes, I know what you’re thinking: they charge separately for each platform? Yes, yes they do. Sure, that might be prohibitive for some people, but at least for me it’s entirely worth it. I am heavily invested in the Apple world—I’ve got all the devices—and I have Paprika on each platform. It’s not just that it’s a great recipe manager for the Mac with great importing features; it’s that the iPad version is a fantastic kitchen companion when actually cooking, and the iPhone version is the most featureful yet easy to use shopping list I’ve found.
All of these apps would be worthwhile on their own, but the fact that they integrate so well with one another, that each UI fits the tasks I want to perform so well, that you can do anything on any version of the app, shows the value Paprika provides. Paprika really is a full process cooking app: it helps you find and manage recipes (including rich categorization and searching), shop for the ingredients you need to prepare them, and manage the complexity of working in the kitchen. All of this with a consistent interface across all my devices has helped me go from completely ignorant of cooking to quite enthusiastic.
This, I think, is the most valuable part of Paprika: it’s helped me move from not cooking at all to wanting to cook all the time. It’s transformed who I am, helped me discover a part of life I’d ignored for too long. Truly a triumph.
Works for professionals as well as home cooks
I’ve been a professional cook for over 40 years – as a line cook, chef/owner, and now a caterer and cooking instructor. I’ve used Paprika for several years and love it, but I haven’t been moved to write a review until reading one that mentioned that it inspired the reviewer to become passionate about cooking for the first time. As a long-time passionate cook, I thought I should take the time to point out that Paprika is just as valuable for me.
Paprika is not only the best recipe file manager I’ve ever found or could ever imagine, it’s also an indispensable tool for digitizing recipes, which is a necessiity for creating hand-outs for cooking classes. I use it to find and download online versions of classic recipes which I would otherwise have to laboriously transcribe from cookbooks in my collection, and of course I also use it to capture new recipes I find in blogs and online cooking publications. (By the way, I strongly disapprove of stealing intellectual property, so if I’m passing along a recipe, whether to one friend or to a roomful of students, I always acknowledge the author and provide a link. Fortunately, Paprika always includes a link to the original.) Paprika is easy to use, easy to edit, and very quickly becomes indispensable.
Wonderful recipe app
I looked very hard for an acceptable recipe manager. I didn’t want to drop a ton of money, but functionality and user experience were important to me. While a few minor aspects of the UI do seem slightly dated, the overall ease of use and the features this app has are really great. Aside from having the obvious functionalities like the ability to organize by meal (“menus”) and categorize recipes into folders, you can also automatically scale the ingredient amounts down or up based on how many servings you need, rate recipes by difficulty, and add a photo to each recipe. You can also create meal calendars just by dragging and dropping stored recipes onto an in-app calendar, and export it to iCal. The greatest thing, though, is probably the web browser; you can browse for recipes directly in the app and add them easily (photo and all!).
I love this app and use it all the time. I recommend it to anyone who needs a detailed, organized system to manage their recipes.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 17, 2016
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 4.9 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2016 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor