The world's most popular free-flight app!
The app is optimized for paraglider and hang glider pilots, but is also essential for all free flyers.
View paragliding sites mashed up with live weather observations, forecasts and webcams to see which sites are flyable right now - all over the world.
• Explore more than 13,000 launches, 7,000 landings, 40,000 weather stations and 32,000 webcams on the map.
• Full site descriptions and photos viewable in-app. Upload your own photos.
• Future flyability: View flyable sites on map, hour-by-hour.
• Automatic shortcuts to DHV, Flyland, FFVL and Paragliding Earth for even more information.
• 3-day forecasts from Wind Finder.
• Data from the DHV, Flyland, FFVL, Paragliding Earth and more.
• Live weather stations from Holfuy, Pioupiou, MADIS (worldwide) and FFVL (France) displayed on the map.
• Free chat for each site. Ask local pilots questions, organise car-sharing, flight trips and pickups.
• Receive chat notifications on a per-site basis.
• Webcams displayed on the map and in site details.
• Free-text search for launch name, nearby towns or region.
• Favorites can be saved for easy access later.
• “Show in Google Earth”. View surrounding paragliding sites to see how they look in 3D.
• “Send my location” sends an email with a pre-configured “SOS” or “I need a ride” message, along with your GPS coordinates and a convenient link to your location on a map.
• Share map and site details via Facebook, Twitter, Messages & email.
Many feature of Paragliding Map are free but supported by advertising. If you choose to make any in-app purchase, advertising will automatically turn off and your purchase will be enabled (webcams, forecasts, etc).
Information about subscriptions:
The PRO subscription is charged at a rate of €2.99 per month or the equivalent amount for your region and currency. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will auto-renew unless turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period, and will renew for the same price as the original subscription. You can cancel your subscription after purchasing by clicking the "manage subscriptions" button within the app or by opening Account Settings on your device. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when purchasing the subscription.
Paragliding Map is a fully supported product. If you have any problems, please let me know and I will help you personally.
Paragliding Map is the mobile version of ParaglidingMap.com.
User is now warned if geolocation not working because user declined permissions.
Gelocation feature generally works better.
Ratings and Reviews
Be aware rip off, not able to unsubscribe
Unsubscribe function does not work under iOS IPhone 8+ with latest iOS. Do not subscribe unless you want to pay forever!
Nothing enabled on trial version. 😒 LAME
This app seems like it has some potential, but I can’t really sort out whether it’s worth keeping it—much less paying for it. It’s basically a map database with launch sites, LZ’s, webcams, and even thermals marked, as well as a future flyability (forecast) function ...theoretically. The problem is that the trial/free version has too many features disabled to assess it (basically all those I mentioned, plus no topo/terrain maps, satellite maps, etc.). So, unless you do a 7-day trial with automatic subscription renewal unless you cancel, you basically just have the simple map from Google with a bunch of pins in it. For someone with cursory knowledge of local launch sites, the trial version of this app has LESS information than simply going online to look at ParaglindingEarth or government maps and checking weather. So, as one could imagine, I’m DEFINITELY not going to go for a 7-day free trial with automatic subscription renewal just to see if it does anything more useful. I was actually interested in the webcams too, since I wasn’t aware of one of them at a local spot. If dev would do something like temporarily allowing all features of the app without forcing people to do that dumb 7-day automatic renewal thing, I’d say there might be a good thing here. I’ll never know because I’m not interested in getting roped into a subscription just to find out. *Delete*
Great app, with great support
It was very useful app for us to pick the right spots when we’ve flown in Austria last week.
I also like that the app has a great support as all my questions and minor issues was answered and resolved in 12 hours.
- Craig Payne
- 22.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Craig Payne
- In-App Purchases
- PRO subscription $4.49
- Webcams and Forecasts, Ad-free $9.99
- Remove Advertising Only $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.