Parallels Desktop Lite
By Parallels International GmbH
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Parallels Desktop Lite allows you to easily run Windows, Linux, and their applications on your Mac.
You don't have to reboot your Mac to switch between operating systems or when switching between Mac, Windows, or Linux applications.
Note: Existing Parallels Desktop® for Mac users are not recommended to move to Parallels Desktop Lite.
You can run Internet Explorer®, Quicken®, QuickBooks, and hundreds of other Windows and Linux applications not available on the Mac—and run them side by side with Mac apps like Pages® and Keynote®. Brought to you by the developers of the #1-rated Mac virtualization software.
• Download and run Linux virtual machines – Free
• Install and run OS X® virtual machines – Free
• Install and run Windows virtual machines – Requires in-app purchase
With Parallels Desktop Lite, you can run the following operating systems in a virtual machine on your Mac:
• Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, and XP
• Most Linux distributions
• macOS Sierra 10.12, OS X El Capitan 10.11, OS X Yosemite 10.10, OS X Mavericks 10.9, OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, and OS X Lion 10.7.x
Note: Windows is purchased separately.
Seamless integration features between Mac and Windows, including productivity boosters built in. These features include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Use Mac gestures in Windows apps
• Time synchronization between Mac and Windows
• Mouse synchronization enables the mouse to move seamlessly between the Mac OS, Windows, and Linux
• Copy/paste formatted text between Mac and Windows
• Drag and drop files between Mac and Windows
• Share Mac folders with Windows—including Desktop, Documents, and Downloads—without duplication and saving precious disk space on your Mac
• Resize window to get desired Windows resolution
• 3D graphics acceleration up to DirectX® 10.1
• Use Mac printers in Windows
• Share Mac location info with Windows
We want you to be completely satisfied with Parallels Desktop Lite. If you have any problems or concerns, please contact us at http://www.parallels.com/products/lite/support/
What's New in Version 1.2.0
This update for Parallels Desktop Lite 1.2.0 addresses overall stability issues, and includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Resolves an issue with the mouse speed changing when you start or stop virtual machines
- Resolves an issue with Windows 10 not booting after updating to Creators Update
- Resolves an issue with dragging and dropping files from Mac to Windows 10 Creators Update
- Resolves an issue with web pages opening in Windows 10 Creators Update instead of opening in Mac
- Resolves an issue with Windows 10 not installing from a USB thumb drive
It is great to be able to run guest operating systems on my Mac. I haven’t run in to any problem issues in this version.
I pay for it 60$ , 5 days ago
but you didnt get to me access to parallel,
and I sended to you 2 mail but you didnt answer to me
what Do I DO?
Where I contact ?
Parallels Desktop Lite is not compatible with your Mac
Parallels Desktop Lite is not compatible with your Mac. Your Mac doesn’t meet the hardware requirements. message is displayed when installer is run. If it is not compatible with my mac, why does it show in my app store? Why does the app store allow me to download it? Why does the app store start the installation?
My Mac info:
Macbook Pro Mid 2009, 8 GB, OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
I found the hardware requiremennts:
To install and set up Parallels Desktop Lite, you need:
Late 2011 or newer Mac
4 GB of memory (8 GB recommended)
850 MB of disk space on the boot volume (Macintosh HD) for Parallels Desktop installation
Additional disk space for virtual machines (varies on operating system installed)
Why are they missing in the app store page for this software?
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 22, 2017
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 234 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Parallels International GmbH
- © 2016-2017 Parallels International GmbH. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11.5 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- (1-year) Run Windows and Get Support$59.99