Parallels Desktop Lite
By Parallels International GmbH
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Parallels Desktop Lite allows you to easily run Windows, Linux, and their applications on your Mac.
You don't have to reboot your Mac to switch between operating systems or when switching between Mac, Windows, or Linux applications.
Note: Existing Parallels Desktop® for Mac users are not recommended to move to Parallels Desktop Lite.
You can run Internet Explorer®, Quicken®, QuickBooks, and hundreds of other Windows and Linux applications not available on the Mac—and run them side by side with Mac apps like Pages® and Keynote®. Brought to you by the developers of the #1-rated Mac virtualization software.
• Download and run Linux virtual machines – Free
• Install and run OS X® virtual machines – Free
• Install and run Windows virtual machines – Requires in-app purchase
With Parallels Desktop Lite, you can run the following operating systems in a virtual machine on your Mac:
• Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, and XP
• Most Linux distributions
• macOS Sierra 10.12, OS X El Capitan 10.11, OS X Yosemite 10.10, OS X Mavericks 10.9, OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, and OS X Lion 10.7.x
Note: Windows is purchased separately.
Seamless integration features between Mac and Windows, including productivity boosters built in. These features include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Use Mac gestures in Windows apps
• Time synchronization between Mac and Windows
• Mouse synchronization enables the mouse to move seamlessly between the Mac OS, Windows, and Linux
• Copy/paste formatted text between Mac and Windows
• Drag and drop files between Mac and Windows
• Share Mac folders with Windows—including Desktop, Documents, and Downloads—without duplication and saving precious disk space on your Mac
• Resize window to get desired Windows resolution
• 3D graphics acceleration up to DirectX® 10.1
• Use Mac printers in Windows
• Share Mac location info with Windows
We want you to be completely satisfied with Parallels Desktop Lite. If you have any problems or concerns, please contact us at http://www.parallels.com/products/lite/support/
What's New in Version 1.1.0
This is a maintenance update that improves stability, performance, and compatibility with modern operating systems.
It needs to stop adjusting my mouse tracking speed!
The app is great, except for one annoying thing that prevents me from using it. Whenever I start or stop a guest OS my Mac mouse speed is changed to be blazing fast. I hate this, and do not think that, by default, the app should adjust something like my mouse speed. It is very frustrating, and I got no support from Parallels support (via Twitter) where they told me not to use Apple’s standard bluetooth mouse and instead configure a USB mouse. What a terrible suggestion. Okay, Parallels, you fix this and I’ll update my review to be more positive. I was very glad to see the app come to the Mac, but in this terrible state, I just can’t use it without pulling my hair out.
This app fulfilled my dream
I aways been curious to test drive chrome os, and i always failed to install it on VM properly , what Prallels did, downloaded the image, installed the os and configured VM .. all i had to do is to sign in to Gmail , and play around… everything went seamless.
Installing ubuntu was another seamless experince , i am very happy with it .
I think this would work great, but I wasn’t able to try it. Upon launching, I got a message saying my mac isn’t compatible. The hardware specifications aren’t listed here, and were difficult to find, but it turns out you need a 2011 or newer mac to run it, a bit of a disappointment.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Feb 20, 2017
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 231 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Parallels International GmbH
- © 2016-2017 Parallels International GmbH. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11.5 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- (1-year) Run Windows and Get Support$59.99