Parental Board is now known as Boomerang Parental Control. When you tap on I’M NEW, you will be redirected to install Boomerang via the App Store, which has the same features - just a new look and feel!
Parental Board provides powerful screen time controls. No more forgetting to take away kids’ devices at bedtime or arguing with them. Instantly time-out or grant access right from your phone via our parent mode remote control. Set the age ratings for all content including Apps and be in the know of your child's location.
Parental Board's Popular Features:
▶ Kids need a great sleep - set school night and weekend schedules when your child’s apps simply disappear.
▶ Get Attention when you need to - Time-Out your kid’s device for any duration, anytime via our Parent mode remote control and from anywhere.
▶ More time for Homework? No problem - Grant Access for any duration right from your phone.
▶ Location Check Ins - Ask your child to check in their location and you will get alerted.
▶ App Blocking & Content Control - set app age ratings, limit accidental in-app purchases, block access to the App and iTunes stores.
▶ Discover - know what Apps are installed on your child’s device
▶ Communicate safely within your family with our Family Messenger feature.
▶ Pair all your iPads, iPhones, iPods and other devices into your account securely using your master email and password.
Add Safe Browsing to Parental Board:
▶ SPIN Safe Browser - get our free safe browser which is safer than the stock web browsers plus it enforces safe search results and images via Bing, Google and Yahoo search engines. All web history can be reviewed via our Parental Board web dashboard plus you can configure what websites to block and categories to limit.
NOTES AND TIPS
● Applying a bedtime schedule, time-out or age restrictions will hide apps from your child’s device. When those restrictions are removed, apps will return in alphabetical order and not go back to their original locations (ie: custom folders). This is normal behavior for iOS devices and we are working on a solution that’s compliant with Apple’s guidelines.
● Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Parental Board does minimize the use of the GPS when not being used for events such as check-in and setting changes.
● All commands and location updates require an internet connection (Cellular and/or Wi-Fi).
● You will get notified via push notification and email if your child removes the Device Profile. Currently, no method exists to harden the Device Profile so do have a chat with your child that you will be notified.
● iPhone 4s is not supported due to its smaller screen.
◆ Support and Questions: email@example.com
New users - Parental Board is now known as Boomerang Parental Control. When you tap I'M NEW > you will be prompted to go to the App Store and get Boomerang Parental Control.
Current users - feel free to keep using your account as we will continue to update Parental Board for now. Contact us to move over to Boomerang - it's easy!
Ratings and Reviews
Too expensive too hard too glitchy
This app has great potential but too many flaws for the user. Remote access doesn’t exist which is ridiculous. Once set up then you have too few seconds to get out of the way or you set it off. The night images stink and you can see the device on when walking around. Um geez, let the intruder knows he’s being photographed. The quality is bad because the camera can’t zoom or focus.
Finally an app for dealing with social media and txt messages.
This app is great except for several features that are found on the web app. This app will allow you to place the child's device in "time out" for a specified time. It will also allow you to see where, if your child is like mine who does not leave without his phone, see where your child is. It will also allow you to "ring" the device even if your child has placed the phone to vibrate only "mom have you seen my phone?". The reason why I gave only four stars is because the web app will allow you to set more features and see what and whom your child is texting, calling, or even how long they been using social media sites (the mobile app will not allow that but will send you an alert that your child has or is receiving an inappropriate message) The web app will also allow you to set time limits on the social media sites they are on and message you via alerts if an inappropriate word is used within the message(s) and many more features it's also user friendly. Love this app even with the mobile limitations. Hopefully this will be address because real time information/resolution is normally done with our devices and not on a PC. Parents try this app out. You will see and ask why I didn't use it sooner.
Really good progress
More features then most! Scheduling and specific app limits would be great though!
Hi - thanks for the review! Scheduling is coming really soon - contact us to get informed as soon as we have it ready. Email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National Education Technologies Inc
- 22.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 National Education Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.