By MayTom Tech
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Special Offer - A 65% discount to help spread the word on what a great app this is.
Every parent's nightmare is when their young children start to drive. You're not sure where they driving to, and how fast they are going. Well ParentPatrol is here to help you get a good nights' sleep, knowing that your child's driving habits are being monitored.
ParentPatrol will monitor how fast the driver is travelling, what route they are taking, and how far they have traveled. All this information will allow you to make informed decisions on how well your child is doing and if they can be trusted behind the wheel. ParentPatrol won't make your child a better driver, or stop them from having an accident, but it will provide you with all the information you need to help you make sure that your child drives safely.
ParentPatrol provides the following features;
* Pair to another iOS device to receive notifications on how the driver is doing. One device tracks the driver while the second device monitors the driver, displaying the route, speed, and distance travelled on the iOS Map.
* Set a passcode so that only you can start and stop the tracking functionality.
* Set the maximum speed and distance the driver is allowed to travel.
* Route, speed and distance boundary displayed on iOS Map.
* Map is updated with route information in real-time. On tracking device. Paired device will receive notifications, which are mapped once the application is launched.
* A notification will be sent if the driver travels beyond the maximum distance allowed to the monitoring paired device.
* Speedometer displays the current speed using the GPS signal. On the tracking iOS device only.
* Can download the tracking data from the ParentPatrol Server at anytime. No personal details are stored on the server.
* ParentPatrol is iCloud enabled.
* iPad displays progress wheel chart of the drivers last twenty trips. Select a trip to view the route details on the iOS Map.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Some devices require an external GPS receiver. Please confirm your device includes a GPS.
This application will not make the driver a safer driver.
It will NOT STOP the driver from potentially being involved in an accident. Speeding or driving in a unsafe manner.
This application has been designed to provide the driver's parent with monitoring data to allow the parent to make informed decisions.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
* Updated to support iPhone 5
* UI enhancements.
* Added help tutorial
* Added iOS 6 support
* Bug fixes.
Will not pair. No support. Email is to a dead site. No stars!!
Update: ok the app finally works ok on iPhone 5. However, you must download it to both devices and accept the pair on both. It will not just "read" other phones in area. After you do that it works ok. The instructions are not clear on this point. Still no support, had to figure this one out on my own. Perhaps I am the dummy, perhaps they should have been clearer in the instruction video which is all the help you get. Rating would be higher if this had not occurred.
Sounds like a great app but I can't get it to do anything on my phone. Loaded it on the iPad but it won't find my sons phone. Very frustrating. Tutorial seems simple enough but still no luck. Also customer support email bounced back as invalid request.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 02, 2012
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 37.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yair weizman
- © MayTom Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.