Paris by Bike
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This application has been selected by Apple to be featured in its iTunes Rewind 2010 list.
Paris by Bike application for iPhone and iPod Touch helps you to find the nearest Vélib (Paris Cycle Hire service) docking stations from your GPS position in Paris.
- Locate the nearest Vélib docking stations to you.
- See the nearest Vélib docking stations on Google Maps.
- Augmented Reality : Visualize the nearest Vélib docking stations with iPhone's camera live view.
The Augmented Reality functionality is only available to iOS4 (iPhone 3GS & iPhone 4) users. Vélib works fine with all other iPhone / iPod Touch models thanks to Google Maps within the application.
- iPhone vertical position: 360-degree view of all Vélib docking stations nearby your location, updated in real time as you walk in the streets. Elements located at a distance less than 1km (0,621miles) only will be displayed.
- iPhone horizontal position: List of all nearest Vélib docking stations. When a docking station is selected, a red arrow (compass) is displayed to show the direction and the distance to that point.
Thank you for taking the time to report any bugs or to request an enhancement to Paris by Bike application. Feedback is very important to us. We will do our best to answer queries. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.2
You can support us right now by adding a short review of Paris by Bike on iTunes, this really gives us the energy to improve the application. Much appreciated.
Easy to use, very helpful, but not 100% accurate/updated
Very good app. Does what it says it will do. VERY easy and intuitive. Truly helpful when you want to find a VELIB station. The one suggestion for improvement is to keep it updated. In areas where there's been construction or there are newer stations, the info isn't always completely accurate. That said, though, the vast majority of the time, it's great and very handy to have. If you're gonna use the Velib bikes for a week or more in areas of Paris you don't already intimately know, this app is worth the small price.
P.S. I haven't even tried out using the camera and display as in the first three screenshot photos above. I just used the map as in the last photo, and that worked very well. I'll try the other views and report back on how well they work.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 20, 2010
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 0.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese
- Seller: Presselite
- © Presselite
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.