9/10 in WIRED’s App Guide - Selected as an Honoree in the Webby Awards - Featured in CNN’s 50 Ultimate Travel Apps
ALSO FEATURED BY: The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, msnbc, ABC News, Wall Street Journal, USA TODAY, The Washington Post, Travel + Leisure…
- 100% OFFLINE – NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED except for sharing and updates.
- TRAVEL GUIDE with attractions, museums, restaurants, bars, hotels, theatres and shops with TRAVELER REVIEWS and RATINGS, pictures, rich travel info, prices and opening hours.
- PERSONALIZED TRIP ITINERARIES - Exclusive technology - The Trip Genius automatically creates personalized trip itineraries according to your travel interests, pace preference, trip dates, accommodation, personalized favorites, location and opening hours of places as well as ratings from other travelers. Use smart order to rearrange your visits and customize your itinerary at any time.
- OFFLINE MAP & DIRECTIONS - The only guide with offline navigation! - Have the guide locate you on the map and provide you with directions to a place by foot or by subway. Use all map and direction features 100% offline with no roaming fees!
- AUGMENTED REALITY - View your environment and all the places to visit in real-time, with distance, ratings, prices and opening hours.
- TRIP JOURNAL - NEW FEATURE - Easily create and share a trip journal with your check-ins, pictures, and comments!
- SHARING – Share your check-ins, postcards, pictures, reviews and trip journal by email or Facebook. Items are stored on your device and sent automatically when a free internet connection is available!
- TRIP DASHBOARD - Available at www.mtrip.me, the trip dashboard gathers your trip journals, itineraries, and favorite places from all of your destinations in one place. You can share it with friends and print your itineraries!
- TRANSFER YOUR ITINERARY between devices and back them up online
- OTHER FEATURES – Send pictures and postcards by email or Facebook, easily discover new places, currency converter, subway map, add personal places and more!
To explore mTrip’s other destinations please visit www.mtrip.com
mTrip’s Hong Kong Travel Guide is available in: English, French, and German
MTRIP IN THE NEWS!
LA TIMES - “App maker mTrip's signature Genius will generate an itinerary for you based on your preferences”
NEW YORK TIMES - “Travelers with iPhones should add mTrip to their augmented reality specialty apps list”
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL - “These next-gen travel guides can take care of stress-inducing itinerary-planning in Asia, Europe and the U.S."
ASSOCIATED PRESS - “The new iPhone application mTrip is a travel guide and then some: It uses the latest in smart phone technology to make it easier to stay on track in a foreign locale”
IPHONE LIFE - "Don't travel without them”
TECH VIBES - "Actually knowing what I'm doing and where I'm going in a world otherwise new to me... priceless"
For any questions please contact email@example.com. We are happy to answer your questions.
General enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I must of downloaded and examined 5-8 apps, let alone deciding not to download several others by just reading the info in the App Store...nothing comes even close to being as good as this one.
A couple of features are sooo good and not in other Apps that I looked at...being able to load our itinerary and having each activity connected to information about the place including the walking and subway info to get there AND being able to load in the locations of places that aren't in the downloaded file of the App (like the apartment we are renting).
And...once this info is all loaded it can all be accessed offline with the assist of our iPhone or iPad location services to show were we are at with no need for wifi or cellular connection.
I LOVE the new features from the latest update. Being able to add my own pictures, add notes for each place and being able to check off where I've visited were the only things that the app was missing, and now it has them all! This app has been perfect for helping me plan out our time in Paris. The only thing it was missing was Disneyland Paris, which I was able to manually add. This app has really helped me to figure out how to make the most of our short time there by being able to plan places to see in an efficient manner using the map feature. I'm really looking forward to using it while I'm there next week. So glad I got this app, definitely worth every cent! P.S. I also got the London and Rome versions and love them just as much.
Success depend on users
Currently, this app is ONLY good for trip planners. A good way to map out your trip. It's NOT good for reviews. So, if you need a map planner and willing to do all your research prior to your visit, it works. If you're expecting spontaneous planning, star ratings, reviews and phot's, this isn't the app.
The developer was kind enough to mark all the territories, but populating those "marks" is essential. The "marks" are NOT connected to Yelp, or similar review database. This app relies on its own users input. Unfortunately, currently, the database is at about 5% or less. Some star ratings, very few photo's, and NO reviews.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR REVIEWS, GO WITH YELP. I use iTranslator for any French Yelp review translations. You can also use iTranslator for common translation occurrences in Paris...or many other countries.
- mTrip Inc.
- 238.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 mTrip
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.