By Brett Hayes
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Never lose your car or overstay your timed parking spot again! ParkingSpot makes it easy to take note of where you parked your vehicle, and reminds you automatically before you overstay your welcome (no more pesky parking fines!).
Parkingspot supports the following features:
• Two modes of operation: GPS (maps) mode and multistorey mode (for those underground or multi-level parks!)
• Be automatically alerted before parking expiry, to give you enough time to return to your vehicle (customisable tones)
• Amount of parking time remaining shown right on your homescreen! Just glance at your phone and get back to more productive things.
• See something that will help you find your vehicle again? Capture it by adding photos and notes to your park!
• For gps users, ParkingSpot integrates with Google Maps to provide walking directions straight back to your vehicle!
• For gps users, poor GPS signal in your area? Don't worry, you can adjust it manually too.
• For multistorey users, record the colour, letter and/or number of the bay where you parked! (or any combination of the three!)
• Customise your reminders: Pick from a number of parking reminder tones to suit your environment. Set different tones for parking warning and parking expiry.
- iOS6: If the Google Maps app is installed, ParkingSpot automatically uses it to provide walking directions straight back to your vehicle. If not, don't worry, it'll automatically fall back to the browser version of Google Maps (i.e. Safari).
- iOS5: ParkingSpot will automatically launch the inbuilt Maps application and route you back to your parking spot.
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Prettified the UI (we've gone blue!)
- Removed the large parking map toolbar, replaced with a much smaller (and cooler!) one
- Improved location detection for GPS parks
- Other UI improvements for iPhone 5
- Photos taken within ParkingSpot can now be saved to your device's photo reel
- Minor bugfixes, improved quality of captured photos
This app has helped me more than once already, and I got it two days ago. I go places all the time with big parking lots. I will use this a lot. Thank you.