By Parkmobile USA, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Parking just got a whole lot easier! Parkmobile provides a better and more convenient way to pay for parking using your mobile phone.
Parkmobile’s perks include:
• Pay for parking with your phone. No more quarters!
• Simplified map view showing nearby zones
• Know when your parking session is almost up with timely notifications.
• No more going back to the meter - simply extend your parking time from the app
• Save your car and payment information for a speedier parking experience
• Quickly change vehicle information for guest cars
• Customizable notifications will tell you when your parking is about to expire
• Track parking expenses with a full history of your parking sessions
• Use the Parkmobile app across the country in hundreds of cities
You’ll find Parkmobile in private and public parking lots, on city streets, at airports, stadiums and just about anywhere you park. Some of our most popular locations include:
• Top Cities: Atlanta, Washington DC, Houston, Dallas, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Fort Worth, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Charlotte, New Orleans, Miami, Oakland, Chicago, Milwaukee, Boston, Palm City Market, Newport Beach, Ponce City Market, Santa Cruz, Providence, Los Angeles (LA), New Haven
• Universities: Cornell University, University of Arkansas, Boise State, Arizona State University, University of Southern California, Texas A&M, University of Colorado, Georgia Tech, University of Virginia
• Transit authorities: MTA (NY), CTA (Chicago), METRA (Chicago), RTD (Denver)
Venues: Fenway Park (Boston), Soldier Field (Chicago), Wrigley Field (Chicago), Barclays Center (NYC), Prudential Center (Newark)
For a complete list of our locations, go to us.parkmobile.com.
Description of permissions used by the app:
• Location Services - To provide nearby parking zones and offers. Note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Camera - Used for scanning QR codes for parking
• Notifications – To alert you when your parking will expire
We love receiving feedback. Find a bug? Have a great new idea for us? Just want to tell us how much you love us? Please send any feedback you have to email@example.com. If you need immediate help please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you received a ticket, check your parking session to ensure that the license plate, zone number, space number (if applicable), and time of the transaction, corresponds with the information listed on the ticket. Follow the instructions listed on the ticket to dispute.
In the unlikely event that you received a ticket during a valid parking session, you must contact the parking authority. Parkmobile does not own, operate, manage, or enforce the parking areas. We do not issue parking penalties and we cannot review or remove them for you. If you do not have a session active at the time you were ticketed, it is possible that you didn't confirm the transaction before starting it. It is important to wait for a confirmation message to ensure your parking has started, whether starting it in the app, on the website, or by phone.
What's New in Version 6.4
Minor bug fixes
Charges a premium, spam notifications
Cost me more to use the app that it does to use the parking meters.
I allowed push notifications, thinking it might be useful to be notified when my parking is about to expire. I was extremely unpleased when I received an advertisement notification for their app. Even worse, it was location based, so they've been tracking my location.
Guess which two permissions the app is losing?
Edit for dev response:
Yes, the app experience is different from using a parking meter. However it doesn't inform the user that there's a >5% fee, and I think that's important to know when considering this app. It won't often be worth it for me.
"geo-fencing to send you notifications about parking opportunities in your area"
That is a premeditated, unsolicited, location-based push notification advertisement. Again, you didn't have consent to use my location to advertise your "parking opportunities" to me. Not did you have consent to send push notifications that are advertisements.
It's particularly egregious because you're actually hoping that I'm actively driving my car, otherwise I wouldn't need your "parking opportunities". I hope you don't cause too many accidents.
Very Poor App
I was attempting to pay for my parking, and didn't have any money on hand. I called the number associated with the parking lot and tried to pay, but it would've been $5 to set up a mobile account through the phone, so I opted to make one with the app. This app constantly crashed on me and wouldn't allow me to make any sort of payment, so I attempted to call again (since I had an account) and all I was met with was a machine telling me they couldn't take my call due to technical issues. I was forced to leave my car and hope I wouldn't be towed (luckily I wasn't. I was only there about thirty minutes). I didn't enjoy my experience using the app or the calling system, and unless things improve I'll continue to park in the one free parking place in my city and just walk across the city. I can't afford to be towed.
Totally deleted my login AGAIN.
Seriously? I have to type in my email and remember some long password while sitting at the meter after each update? I'm in a hurry!
Then if I press cancel, it starts an endless loop of "Can't log in"-"Cancel" messages. Please fix so that app retains login after updates.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Aug 14, 2017
- Version: 6.4
- Size: 131 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Parkmobile USA, Inc
- © 2017 Parkmobile, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.