Parler (Parler : /paʁ.le/ : /par-lay/) is a Commenting, Social News, and Influence Network that creates a shared ecosystem between digital publishers, influencers and users. Rather than a static website commenting plugin, Parler utilizes a mobile client front-end to engage users directly within the social network. The application enables users to publish original content and provides for the easy discovery of true-trending comments, posts and news. Direct push notifications allow users to rejoin threads and keep conversation active. In addition to these features, Parler offers self-moderation tools in order to curate a very personal user experience.
- Dark Mode Added
- Additional Accessibility settings added
- Improvements to the content moderation page
- Profile page media tab replaced with comments
- General bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Unusable at this point
Update: Getting worse for me. But, lost interest anyway when I kept looking and their newsfeed is predominantly CNN, Independent-all the fake news outlets. Might as well stick with Twitter.
Installed it a few days ago and, right now, it has nothing but problems. Guessing overwhelmed by users registering. The most common message I get is “network error” while trying to view people’s comments, when hitting a news link, when viewing profiles...seems like pretty much any task. Also, the first day, it was nearly impossible to update my profile. I do like the set-up better than Gab, which just doesn’t work well for me on Safari, Chrome, etc.
My initial review was below. I am updating as some of the issues have already been fixed and I am able to use the app now. I like the “vote” instead of Twitter heart and the ability swipe right or left on comments to agree or disagree. Major potential as a unbiased news/political outlet without sensorship.
First off, I love the idea of this app and am very excited to see it take off.
With that being said, two concerns:
1) many profiles I would have liked to follow were not verified.
2) MOST IMPORTANTLY the app is frequently not loading any content and I get the following message “A network error occurred due to a poor internet connection to the server”. I tried connect both on and off WiFi and all of my other apps, including Twitter, are working just fine. I am basically it able to use the app at all.
Give it a whirl
These guys promise discussions without liberals oppressing opposite thought. I signed up for this little over two weeks ago and it was a hit-and-run, I had no issues. But as of last week they saw a surge of enrollment to the point it choked down their servers. Parler said they’re scaling up there a server bandwith to meet the sudden demand so going to give this a try.
This is proof people don’t want to the liberal koolaide shoved down their throats!!!!
- Parler LLC
- 11.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Parler LLC 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.