Parley is a simple serial communication tool allowing you to easily talk to various serial devices like Arduinos and Xbees.
* Save session documents for easy access to a serial device
* Ability to auto-append newlines/returns to outgoing messages
* Export serial output to file
* Communicate with multiple devices at once
* Change text style of output & input echoing
* Fixes sessions saving without proper file extension
* Fixes Parley failing to open its session documents
* Fixes issues with help submission window
* Fixes device menus not updating properly
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent no-frills tool
I was using a free tool that did the job but sucked (crashes, restarts necessary, etc). Then I switched to this tool and my life is good again. It’s totally worth it.
I have one feature request, it would be nice to pipe the output to a file in real time (for logging/analytical purposes). I am using this tool to log numbers coming out of a micro controller, and would like to graph themin real time.
Seldom do I see a job done well. Parley is such a piece of work. Clean, simple, no kitchen sink included -- thanks, Buttered Cat Software!
I use this to send data from an Arduino to my Mac eliminating the need for use of the Arduino memory for collecting data. Let the data be where the horsepower is to analyze it.
Works great, simple to use, and reliable. I LOVE it!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.