ParseGreek - parsing app for New Testament Biblical Greek
By Danny Zacharias
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
** NOW iOS 9 COMPATIBLE **
From the makers of FlαshGrεεk — ΠαrsεGrεεk is designed to help students of New Testament Greek by quizzing them on the parsing of verbs, nouns, adjectives, and pronouns. The app includes 8,700+ forms, all taken directly from the Greek New Testament. ΠαrsεGrεεk has numerous criteria to suit quizzes to the user's need. Check out the YouTube demo: http://youtu.be/MN_aNJsuujI
ΠαrsεGrεεk is designed to help both beginning students and advanced students. Advanced students can quiz themselves by frequency and other criteria. For beginning students, ΠαrsεGrεεk has been designed to be compatible with today's top intro grammars:
- William Mounce, Basics of Biblical Greek (2009)
- N. Clayton Croy, Biblical Greek Primer (1999)
- James Hewett, New Testament Greek (2009)
- David Alan Black, Learn to Read New Testament Greek (2009)
- Gerald Stevens, New Testament Greek Primer (2010)
- Jeremy Duff, Elements of New Testament Greek (2005)
- S. M. Baugh, A New Testament Greek Primer (2009)
- Danny Zacharias, New Testament Greek Stripped Down (2013)
- Stanley Porter, Fundamentals of New Testament Greek (2010)
"put away your flashcards and pick up Danny Zacharias' ParseGreek app today. You'll wonder like me, 'How did I ever survive Greek without this?' " —Matthew D. Montonini (http://tinyurl.com/7998qh2)
What's New in Version 1.1.5
* iOS 9 support
* Miscellaneous improvements and fixes
* Facebook posting disabled until next release
This app is a very useful tool when used alongside one of the Greek grammar textbooks that it supports. Also when reading the Greek New Testament it really helps by testing your understanding of the text. Flash cards are useful but this app is in a class by itself. I have many of the textbooks that it supports and I am amazed at how well it complements all of them. This app is great for reviewing or refreshing your knowledge of the Koine Greek. The approach to parsing this app takes is unique and comprehensive.
I could not wait until the app was updated for iOS 9. The wait was worth it.
I'm purposely waiting to update my iPad to IOS 10 until this is supported by 10. I got it when I had IOS 8 and it supported 8. I waited to upgrade to iOS 9 until it supported IOS 9.
I have not had any technical problems with it at all.
I read A review by someone that was teaching themselves Greek and that some of the answers were wrong. I've been using Mounce's book and teaching myself and sometimes when I have thought the app is wrong and went back and reread the chapter it was me that was wrong.
Two changes I would like to see:
- A faster turnaround time from when a new IOS comes out till it supports that IOS
- At the end of a quiz for it to tell you what percentage you got right. Since I am teaching myself I don't go onto the next chapter till I get somewhere between 90 and 95% correct. Right now I'm the one that has to do the math to see what my percentage rate was.
Mr. Zacharias, thank you for making this app. I purchased the ParseGreek and FlashGreek Pro bundle and it is really helping with memorization and getting down all the different word conjugations. I can also confirm that the app does work in iOS 11 for me as well. Thanks again!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 04, 2016
- Version: 1.1.5
- Size: 19.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Danny Zacharias
- © 2016 Danny Zacharias
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.