Partly Sunny shows your weather in quick glances and detailed looks.
Need to quickly see if there will be rain at home or at work today? Or check the wind or UV index over the next few hours? Or look at the forecast for the upcoming weekend? Partly Sunny has you covered.
For when you want an overview of what’s happening at your current location and your favorite locations.
For when you want more details about what’s happening throughout the hour, the day, and the week at your locations.
See how your selected conditions on and below the graphs change over the next 48 hours. Choose from temperature, precipitation, cloud cover, humidity, UV index, wind, and more. Tap the graph to quickly change the plotted condition.
Get a quick glance at the forecast for each day in the week ahead. Tap any day in the chart for a detailed look at that day’s forecast.
When it’s raining or snowing, a graph will show if the precipitation will be light, medium, or heavy (U.S. & U.K. locations).
See what’s happening currently and today at your location. Expand the widget to see what’s happening over the next few hours and days.
Toggle manually and with a handy gesture. Or toggle automatically based on your device’s screen brightness or your location’s sunrise and sunset times.
With a monthly or yearly subscription, join the Partly Sunny Club and unlock more features:
Precipitation imagery is available for locations in the U.S., Canada, Australia, South Korea, and northern Mexico. Cloud imagery is available for locations worldwide.
Pull down in Location Details to refresh the location’s forecast on demand.
Show yesterday in daily charts for quick comparisons.
Get the weather for a day in the future or the past. Future days show the usual weather for that day, and past days show the historic weather.
Save five more locations in your locations list for a total of 15.
Custom App Icon & Theme
Customize the Partly Sunny icon on your home screen and widget. Some icons have a matching theme color for the app, too. (Requires iOS 10.3 or later.)
Whether or not you’re part of the Club, there’s still more:
• Choose actual or “feels like” temperatures and quickly switch with a handy gesture.
• Customize the condition that displays with daily forecasts’ temperatures. Choose from precipitation, cloud cover, humidity, UV index, wind, and more.
• Links to pollen forecasts and NOAA weather offices (U.S. locations).
• Location renaming and fine-tuning.
• 3D Touch shortcuts.
• URL scheme: partlysunny://, partlysunny://currentlocation, and partlysunny://addlocation.
Partly Sunny has been featured in Apple’s “New Apps We Love”, MacStories, AppAdvice, and Lifehacker.
Partly Sunny “introduces a robust, beautiful new way to view weather information. […] What’s immediately striking about Partly Sunny’s design is that it feels designed to belong in iOS. It’s an app that feels built by Apple if the company decided to make a massive iterative change to its own stock Weather app.” – MacStories
“If you are looking for minimalism in your weather app, then Partly Sunny will satisfy your cravings. […] Partly Sunny offers the information you need in a concise and flexible way.” – AppAdvice
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
Welcome to another update of Partly Sunny! It’s a “bug fixes and performance improvements” update! Here’s what’s fixed and improved:
• Widget performance improvements. It should be a little more reliable now.
• Fixed an occasional crash when app auto-reloads data.
• Fixed the crash when tapping the widget to open the app and then tapping the back button to view Locations List.
• Fixed crash when using Time Machine to get weather for dates before 1970.
• Fixed daily charts possibly not showing a bar when the day’s high and low are the same.
• Severe weather alerts display correctly now in iOS 10.
• Fixed daily charts not showing yesterday’s forecast when Daylight Saving Time started or ended on that day.
If you have a question or suggestion or run into an issue, please email email@example.com.
If you’re enjoying Partly Sunny and have a moment, please leave a review or update/resubmit a previous review on the App Store. Your support is appreciated and helps the app get discovered!
And finally, thank you for using Partly Sunny. While you may not always enjoy the weather, I hope you enjoy checking the weather with Partly Sunny!
Ratings and Reviews
New Favorite Weather App!
Partly Sunny is now my favorite weather app! The app design is sleek, easy to use and super intuitive. It features loads of customizable options that I can use depending on what my current needs are. Prior to this I was using another weather app almost exclusively, but after stumbling across Partly Sunny, I have changed my mind! One weekend while my family was visiting, we were supposed to do some outdoor sight seeing. The forecast on my previous weather app called for gloom and rain all weekend. Partly Sunny, however, gave a much more optimistic outlook. So we decided to take our chances and go with what PS forecasted. I’m very grateful we did because what PS predicted was far more accurate and we ended up being able to do everything outside that we wanted to do. Since then, I’ve never gone back to the old app. It seems that other apps show a more generalized “safe” prediction while PS isn’t afraid to report a more detailed and precise forecasts. Well worth the switch!
Almost perfect, widget can be tweaked
I will start by saying that the app itself is beautiful and perfect 5/5. I have literally tried dozens of other weather apps and this one is by far the best. I love all the large in app icons for the weather and the hour by hour graph works very well. I also love how bold the icons look when you swipe up to wee the weekly forecast.
However, a bit of criticism, I don't think that the clean, bold and beautiful icons translate well into the widget. Here are a few suggestions I have.
1) While the hour by hour graph looks great in the app, on the widget it takes too much unnecessary room while the widget is expanded and leaves a lot unused wasted space. I feel like it could easily be condensed hight wise about 10-20%. This would allow for point 2.
2) The weekly forecast icons are so easily visible and large/bold in the app but on the widget they are squeezed in on the bottom very tightly and are so small that its hard to see them. I feel like if the hourly graph on top was condensed it would allow more room for the weekly forecast icons on the bottom. This way the widgets icons would be proportional to the in app icons and the whole widget would feel just a bit cleaner and in sync with the app.
But other than that I love the app, I just think the widget could be tweaked.
I have had this app for a few months now, and I think it is organized well with a great user interface. The main reason I need this app is for the 5 day forecast and the hourly forecast, and the app fails miserably in these two areas.
For the 5 day, the app is accurate with same day temperatures, but jump ahead 2 days, and the app temperatures differs from my local television forecasts by 5 to 10 degrees! I can understand 2 or 3 degrees difference, but 10? I don’t know which forecast model the app uses, but it does not predict well.
The same problem exists with the hourly forecast - the app tells you there is a low probability of rain, but outside it is pouring and the radar shows it will be around for quite some time.
Partly Sunny Club: Yearly
Unlock radar, pull-to-refresh, and more!
Partly Sunny Club: Monthly
Unlock radar, pull-to-refresh, and more!
- Joseph Hribar
- 33.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Italian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Joe Hribar
- In-App Purchases
- Partly Sunny Club: Yearly $3.99
- Partly Sunny Club: Monthly $0.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.