By Rudis Muiznieks
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PassDrop is a fully-featured secure password management system, compatible with the free KeePass 1.x (Classic) and multi-platform KeePassX desktop applications. PassDrop uses the free DropBox storage service for hassle-free synchronization of your password databases between your iPhone, Windows, OS X, and Linux desktop computers.
- Strong emphasis on clean, simple, intuitive user interface
- Fully optimized for all devices including retina iPhones and iPads
- Load, create, and edit multiple KeePass 1.x databases in your DropBox account
- Open KeePass 1.x databases with any file extension
- Fully integrated two-way syncing to DropBox, with collision detection
- Lock file utilization when opening databases in edit mode
- Offline read access to databases when no network is available
- View, create, move, sort, and edit all groups and entries nested to any level
- Password generator to automatically create random strong passwords for entries
- Entry search capabilities at global and group-specific levels
- Copy logins, passwords, urls, or notes to your clipboard
- Automatically open urls in Safari while PassDrop remains open in the background
- Optionally clear clipboard whenever PassDrop is re-activated
- "Lock in background" option to auto-lock your database after a customizable amount of time
- Hide "Backup" group results when searching entries
- Encrypted HTTPS communication directly with the official DropBox API for maximum security
PassDrop is perfect for anyone looking for a secure way to store their passwords, and especially ideal for anyone already using KeePass 1.x or KeePassX on their desktop computer.
FULL DISCLOSURE! PassDrop has all of the commonly-commented-on limitations listed below:
- No KeePass 2.x (kdbx) support
- No Key File authentication support
- Does not support the Twofish encryption algorithm
- No file attachment support
- Unlinking DropBox also removes all of your databases
For more information and details about the product's feature roadmap, visit http://passdrop.rudism.com.
What's New in Version 1.24
Removed overlapping carrier, time, and battery icon from default launch screens.
Wish I had this first.
I paid a lot for another solution that was iOS & Mac only. I move between Mac, Linux, and Windows on a regular basis. Using this app, DropBox, & KeePassX, I'm able to access my passwords database on any computing device I happen to be at.
A must have
Keeping password database sync'ed between devices was a challenge before I started using Dropbox. Now, with this app, it extends to my phone. My only request is that support for Key Files be added.
Better Dropbox support
PassDrop has better Dropbox support than other keepass apps I've tried. My one issue is that entries aren't sorted. The search function gets around that, though.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 16, 2014
- Version: 1.24
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rudis Muiznieks
- © 2012 Rudis Muiznieks
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.