By Rudis Muiznieks
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PassDrop is a fully-featured secure password management system, compatible with the free KeePass 1.x (Classic) and multi-platform KeePassX desktop applications. PassDrop uses the free DropBox storage service for hassle-free synchronization of your password databases between your iPhone, Windows, OS X, and Linux desktop computers.
- Strong emphasis on clean, simple, intuitive user interface
- Fully optimized for all devices including retina iPhones and iPads
- Load, create, and edit multiple KeePass 1.x databases in your DropBox account
- Open KeePass 1.x databases with any file extension
- Fully integrated two-way syncing to DropBox, with collision detection
- Lock file utilization when opening databases in edit mode
- Offline read access to databases when no network is available
- View, create, move, sort, and edit all groups and entries nested to any level
- Password generator to automatically create random strong passwords for entries
- Entry search capabilities at global and group-specific levels
- Copy logins, passwords, urls, or notes to your clipboard
- Automatically open urls in Safari while PassDrop remains open in the background
- Optionally clear clipboard whenever PassDrop is re-activated
- "Lock in background" option to auto-lock your database after a customizable amount of time
- Hide "Backup" group results when searching entries
- Encrypted HTTPS communication directly with the official DropBox API for maximum security
PassDrop is perfect for anyone looking for a secure way to store their passwords, and especially ideal for anyone already using KeePass 1.x or KeePassX on their desktop computer.
FULL DISCLOSURE! PassDrop has all of the commonly-commented-on limitations listed below:
- No KeePass 2.x (kdbx) support
- No Key File authentication support
- Does not support the Twofish encryption algorithm
- No file attachment support
- Unlinking DropBox also removes all of your databases
For more information and details about the product's feature roadmap, visit http://passdrop.rudism.com.
What's New in Version 1.24
Removed overlapping carrier, time, and battery icon from default launch screens.
No longer supported
What a shame, I've been a happy user of PassDrop for many years and it has worked flawlessly across iPhone, iPad, and Mac until a couple weeks ago when it stopped working on my primary device (iPhone 6+ running iOS 9.0.2) which pretty much makes this app useless. I'm migrating all my passwords to 1Password as a result which is pretty tedious. Thankfully PassDrop still works on iPad so I can still access passwords.
Wish I had this first.
I paid a lot for another solution that was iOS & Mac only. I move between Mac, Linux, and Windows on a regular basis. Using this app, DropBox, & KeePassX, I'm able to access my passwords database on any computing device I happen to be at.
A must have
Keeping password database sync'ed between devices was a challenge before I started using Dropbox. Now, with this app, it extends to my phone. My only request is that support for Key Files be added.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 16, 2014
- Version: 1.24
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rudis Muiznieks
- © 2012 Rudis Muiznieks
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.