Passepartout is a smart OpenVPN client perfectly integrated with the iOS platform. Passepartout is the only app you need for both well-known OpenVPN providers and your personal OpenVPN servers. With Trusted Networks and Siri Shortcuts, Passepartout unlocks the very best of using a VPN on iOS.
Passepartout does not engage any unrequested background activity other than the VPN tunnel, thus being also friendlier to firewalls.
Passepartout is open source: https://github.com/passepartoutvpn
USE WITH MULTIPLE PROVIDERS
Passepartout offers presets for major VPN providers:
- Private Internet Access
EASY TO USE
- Incredible ease of use, with native look & feel.
- Handle your profiles in one single place.
- Import .ovpn configuration files.
- Fine-tune encryption without tweaking any configuration file.
- Override network settings in a snap (default gateway, DNS, proxy).
- Trust cellular or Wi-Fi networks to fine-grain your connectivity.
- Intuitive Siri Shortcuts.
- Full transparency on what servers you're connecting to.
- Pick pre-resolved endpoints when DNS is problematic.
- No web services, ads or any undesired bloat besides the VPN itself.
Passepartout is a non-official client and is in no way affiliated with OpenVPN Inc.
© 2002-2018 OpenVPN Inc. - OpenVPN is a registered trademark of OpenVPN Inc.
- Override network settings.
- Support for `--redirect-gateway block-local` (partial).
- Russian translations (Alexander Korobynikov).
- Host compression framing and algorithm are now editable.
- NordVPN double servers not connecting out of the box.
- Authentication with OpenVPN AS.
- TLS failed with some servers.
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic OpenVPN alternative.
Passepartout trims off the fat of OpenVPN's stock iOS client, focusing on being efficient, lightweight, and secure, while still packing in robust configuration settings and useful features. One unique feature of note to me is trusted networks: Passepartout can automatically disconnect you from your VPN upon connecting to trusted network(s) of your choice. For example, your VPN could automatically disconnect anytime you connect to your home network, and automatically reconnect upon disconnecting from it. This is extremely useful for anyone who has a VPN configured on a network level at home, but wants to be protected when on the go without any manual work. Passepartout can achieve this! Not to be cliché here, but overall, it just works. And without any added fluff! I reckon I'll be using Passepartout for a long time to come.
UPDATE: The app now allows comp-lzo (see below) and has started integrating VPN providers directly into the app. There is now no need for multiple VPN apps - this one it all - perfectly and quickly. Very impressed with the developer. Totally five stars!!!
It does everything it says it will, quickly and efficiently. Not heavy on battery use. Only current issue is that many VPN providers use “compression framing” (comp-lzo) in their protocol which causes the app to connect but not transfer any data. Until VPN providers change that, they won’t work with this app. I can confirm that Mullvad VPN works great with this app.
Developer Response ,
Hi! I just wanted to remark that more recent versions of the app do support LZO compression. Thank you!
Refreshingly thoughtful and well designed app!
I was kinda anxious about how difficult it would be to setup an openVPN client on my phone. My VPN provider provides their own app with everything set up, but I needed to add a new home VPN I set up myself. Was I going to have to fiddle with endless configuration options? Was I going to have to do a bunch of in-app payments to make it do both? The answers turned out to be nope and nope.
Really dig this developers style: it's clear they’re committed to quality and community engagement. More developers like this please. Well done.
- Algoritmico LTD
- 18.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Davide De Rosa
- In-App Purchases
- Small donation $1.99
- Tiny donation $0.99
- Medium donation $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.