By Naranja Studio LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create a recipe. Forget your passwords.
Password Chef helps you design your own password "recipe" which turns site names into strong, easy-to-recall passwords. We’re talking password freedom.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
• Use words from a word pool and assemble a step such as “Find the vowels of the site name, and enter them in reverse order.”
• Write a few more steps, using your creativity and the app’s variety of word operations, to build a personalized recipe you’ll enjoy using and can easily remember
• Save the recipe in case you ever forget
Enjoy untethered password entry!
• Unique, strong passwords for all your sites, without the maintenance/management
• Rest easy knowing your passwords aren’t recorded anywhere; not on a sticky note, in the app, or on the cloud
• Password freedom! Recall passwords from anywhere–at a friend’s house or on-the-go, without consulting software or your phone
• Add a “secret code” that isn’t stored anywhere, so that if someone finds your recipe, they still won’t know your passwords
• Create additional recipes and store them in a recipe list so you can, for example, keep one recipe for financial accounts (more complex) and one for gaming (faster entry)
• Check the strength of your passwords with a built-in strength meter
• Instantly test your recipe against 100 popular site names to ensure every password meets the most common requirements
• Protect the app from unauthorized access with a passcode
Questions or comments? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You young folks probably don't even know Tony the Tiger, but this application is GRRRREAT ! I can't believe it took this long for somebody to make a useful password App that can be trusted. This is an App that I can actually use and it makes my life EASY. I have way too many things to remember and writing down 50 passwords is not really a good idea. I am an old guy and can never remember where I put my sticky note with all my passwords - - Now I don't need paper any more and I only have one thing to remember.. This is Great! I actually decided to make two recipes, one for my work stuff and one for my personal stuff. I now feel so much safer. Thanks - This is a life saver. PS - It took me a few minutes to figure out what it was all about - But watching the video made it all very clear and EASY ! Highly recommend this one.
Passwords whenever I need them
How'd I get into iTunes? By entering my password. How'd I get my password? By using the recipe I made in Password Chef.
For some reason, I've never been able to remember my iTunes password. And that's what I love about this app. It removes the frustration of forgetting a passwords. I can recall all of them, whenever I need them, seemingly out of thin air. They're strong, unique, and not in anyone else's hands. It's awesome.
My favorite feature is simply writing a recipe. It's satisfying to put one together that is both (a) easy for me to remember and (b) produces strong passwords. I'm really looking forward to future versions where there are more word pool options to choose from, and I can feel even more creative with my recipes.
As a side note, you might think these recipes are hard to remember. I've found them surprisingly easy. I just wrote one with my wife for our shared accounts, and almost immediately after writing it, we were able to recite it back to each other. But it's nice to have it in the app in case we forget.
All in all, a really great app with real world applicability and value. I imagine I'll be using this for years.
Making my life less complicated
As a physician dealing with password requirements on multiple platforms, this app has given me the ability to simplify the whole process. I was storing my long list of passwords for Protected health information in, let's just say, not the most secure format. Also being somewhat overworked I have been lazy with how creative my passwords are and many overlapped, which lead to even less security. I recommend password chef to anyone trying to simplify and strengthen their password experience.