Password Repository 3
By Tension Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Password Repository 3 is the OS X native app to manage all your passwords and all the related data in a safe way on your Mac.
It's a document based app and allows you to manage an unlimited numbers of documents, any containing how many password records (records + related data) you like.
Any document you create is protected by a 'Master Password' with AES-256 encryption algorithm, using the latest native Cocoa libraries by Apple.
Compatible with iOS and any document created with Password Repository 3 on a Mac can be moved and used with Password Repository for iOS.
A Password Repository document has a simple layout and is based on a 'Master and Detail' interface, with a list of records on the left and a detail of the selected record on the right.
For any record you can insert at any moment:
- Category (you can create a list of Categories and any record has one associated)
- Name (to identify it)
- Url (the web site where you use this password if needed)
- Account (if you are identified by an account)
- User ID (how you login or are recognized here)
- Password (the password used)
- Email (the email you used to at this place to register yourself)
- Note (a free text area with additional notes you want to have)
Categories inside the document are defined by a colored label that you can customize.
Changing the aspect of a category changes the label for all the associated records, inside the document.
Customized colored categories are a distinctive elements of Password Repository and users love it!
With categories, browsing your passwords, you have a subdivision of your data 'by color' very easy to manage from the first day of use.
Automatic visualization for any record of: creation data, modification data and how many time the record was accessed
All the records can be sorted, arranged, filtered and displayed as you like.
To sort records just click in the header of the table
To filter just type in the search field, data is filtered as-you-type.
The documents remember how you positioned and arranged them
Document can be auto locked after a specified time of inactivity in background (it will require again the Master Password protecting the document)
For data security the user has to switch from view mode to edit mode to change data inside the document.
Full support of undo adding and removing records and categories.
Fully customization of the master table, the user can visualize only the columns he likes.
You can set Password repository in the preferences to always open at startup the document you prefer, containing all your main passwords.
In that way you can use it as a utility app, still having for when you need it, the full power of a true document based app.
Data exchange with other apps.
Password Repository 3 has new import and export functions that let you customize anything and make it in this field one of the best of the category.
You can import and export using comma separated value and tab separated values
Push&Pull to have a simple and effective way to use userId/password on the web without plug-in or additional software that can introduce complexity and security/compatibility problems.
- Document exchange with the iOS version (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad)
- Push&Pull for userId/Password (do it all with a single click)
- Uses the AES-256 powerful encryption algorithm
- If you upgrade form an older version full compatibility with your previous documents
- Fast to open documents thanks to the native implementation we use for the encryption mechanism
- Safe and stable. Password Repository 3 uses all the latest Apple technology to manage your data.
- Password Repository 3 is document based. You can manage and move how many documents you like.
- Autorecovery always on.
- Password generator inside to create new password in the format you need.
- Resume, Auto Save, Versions, all supported.
- Import and Export of data in a very customizable way.
- Includes a full User Guide in PDF
What's New in Version 3.1.2
Bug fix: Was set dirty opening a new document, even without resizing the windows
Bug fix: revert to previous saved version didn't work
Bug fix: closing with 'Revert Changes' didn't work
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 19, 2013
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 3.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tension Software s.a.s.
- © 2005-2013 Tension software
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor