Passwords Plus - Free Secure Vault
By DataViz, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Never forget a password again! Easily store and protect your PINs, passwords and other sensitive info on your Mac (Universal app also available for iPad and iPhone - more info below). -Mac OS 10.9(Mavericks) and above only; 64bit required.
Recent online security breaches highlight the risk of using the same password for multiple websites or simple passwords such as ‘12345’. Everyone needs to be diligent about using strong, unique passwords and they need to be changed frequently.
The easiest way to store and remember your passwords is to use a password management solution that is intuitive, secure, and accessible everywhere. Passwords Plus fits all of these requirements, at minimal cost. Even store other personal/private items such as gift ideas, online purchase details and more!
The new Passwords Plus 3.0 also features free editing and creating of up to 25 passwords for up to 60 days for new users. After 60 days, your passwords will be view-only and you will be without backup/restore options and the ability to auto-sync passwords between computers/devices.
You have the option to purchase at any point. The purchased version includes: unlimited passwords, data backup, and syncing between devices where Passwords Plus is owned.
To purchase, just click the 'Buy' option at the bottom of the Passwords Plus home screen and follow the in-app purchase steps.
Current license owners: If you have already purchased, your current features will remain intact with your v3 update.
Passwords Plus Highlights:
1. Keep your info “in sync” across all of your devices thanks to our secure cloud storage and SamePage™ technology. Changes made on your Mac will automatically appear on your iPad/iPhone where Passwords Plus 2.0 or higher is installed*.
2. Up-and-running in less than 5 minutes – Easy to setup and unlike other password management apps, no need to open a 3rd party cloud account in order to sync, backup or restore your data.
3. Proven industry experience – Founded in 1984, DataViz is an industry leader in developing mobile Office (Docs To Go) and productivity solutions, including password protection software for the past 11+ years.
Watch Passwords Plus in action on our YouTube channel:
*Note: The iOS version is available for purchase from the App Store: http://www.dataviz.com/buyPWP
• Secure – 256-bit AES encryption (military grade) keeps data safe and secure.
• Auto-Synchronization – Updates made on one device will automatically be reflected on all devices (option available to turn on/off).
• Backup/Restore – Included free! Info can be retrieved if your computer is lost or stolen.
• Generate Password – Automatically generate random passwords to avoid using “obvious” or “duplicate” passwords.
• Auto Lock – Set Passwords Plus to lock after a specified time period to protect your data.
• Templates included – Get started quickly with minimal data entry.
• Categories & favorites – Customize categories and set favorites to easily find frequently used records.
• Responsive sales and support teams in-house.
Like/interact with Passwords Plus and DataViz on:
What's New in Version 3.002
- Fix processor spike when PWP locks automatically
- Other bug fixes
Can’t live without it
I started out using this app years ago on a windows PC. I now have it on my MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad. This is a must have. I have had a sync problem in the past as well (reading another reviewers comments) but support was very responsive and had me up and running within about 24 hours (all via email which was fine by me). I even use it to track other things like vehicle information. I have record for each vehicle I own. In the record I store nfo like the VIN, Tire Size, Radio and Nav codes, Radio & Nav Serial Numbers, Air & Oil Filter numbers, etc. I even have other members of my family who also bought ans use this app. They too don’t know what they would do without it.
BECAUSE OF Yahoo’s security breach it was time to buckle down and change passwords. I did even for PasswordsPlus. Kept getting sync errors about passwords don’t match. I did as the online help suggested to no avail. There is no longer telephone support just online. The Online help says if their solution does not work contact them & THEY WOULD get back to me in a business day…. I HAVE SENT 4 EMAILS SITING THE URGENCY OF THE MATTER for the last 4 days and noone has responded.
I’m sad I have used DataViz products for years & they have been great on support and the way the products work. Now here I set HELD CAPTIVE! No one has responded to any of my emails, can’t go thru anything… locked out. I can login on my phone & iPad but keep getting sync errors. The last one to change [make sure that all is the sameOn my MacBook Pro] I can’t get into change the master password so other devices will sync.
I’ve deleted the program on my MacBook & loaded again only with the same results!! NO RESOLVE, NO RETURN EMAIL TO HELP SOLVE THE PROBLEM. NEVER BUY DATAVIZ if this is the new support approach.
I’ll let you know when they finally contact me to help solve their problem. My first email was on December 15, it is now the 20th no response!
Best Passwords App!
Been using on my Mac, iPhones & iPads for years. I wish there was a way to print the database for an emergency hard backup. I sent 2 requests & was told they were working on it. When I later asked for a time estimate, I was told it was not in the works.