By Simon Christiansen
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"Two old, fantastic forms of narrative combine to form something truly unique in PataNoir." - Gamezebo
"...a nigh on unmissable adventure that's simultaneously a perfect entry to the world of text-based gaming and refreshingly different to satisfy the most hardened of genre veterans." - IndieGames.com
"The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle."
PataNoir is a homage to the classic stories of hard-boiled private investigators with a knack for describing everything with complex similes and metaphors.
In PataNoir, you solve problems by manipulating the hard-boiled metaphors used by the main character to make sense of the world in which he lives.
- An interactive noir mystery to experience and solve.
- Innovative interactive fiction gameplay in which the metaphors you live by become tools to solve the mystery.
- Atmospheric illustrations by Lauri Ahonen and Tom Siddell.
- Original theme song by postmodern rock musician William Steffey.
- Category: Games
- Released: Sep 08, 2015
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 40.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simon Christiansen
- © 2015 Simon Christiansen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.