If you're looking for "everything local," Patch is the app for you. Local schools? Check. Breaking news? Check. Homes for sale? We've got those, too. You'll always be in touch with your town with the Patch app.
Check out these features:
• News and events for 1,200+ Patch Towns, with more towns added every month.
• Push notifications as important news breaks — you’ll be the first to get the scoop.
• Swipe left or right to view articles faster.
• Local weather forecasts and alerts — you'll never be caught without an umbrella or snow boots again.
• Find local events, jobs and announcements in your area.
• Get everything that is happening in your town in a one-scroll feed!
• Share stories to your Facebook friends or email/SMS to a friend!
• Patch also has fun iMessage animal stickers to share your emotions with your friends!
• Love an article? You can bookmark it to your phone to come back and read it later.
• Want to follow multiple towns? No problem, swipe left or right to navigate between your favorite Patch towns.
Our new Patch app delivers a beautiful browsing and reading experience for iOS users. Our pages load lightning fast. You'll never be kept waiting to see what's behind that headline. The sleek design provides an in-depth storytelling experience fueled by concise writing and rich imagery.
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK:
We're eager to hear your feedback and suggestions. How can we make the app even better? What features would you like to see? We aim to be the best news app in the country, and your ideas are crucial. Please email us at Support@patch.com
Images used under license from Shutterstock.com
Check out some updates on what the Patch team has been doing, below!
• We fixed other minor bugs and performance issues.
• Don't forget that Patch has widgets to put your local news on your home screen, and iMessage animal emoticon stickers to share with your friends!
We welcome any additional feedback and suggestions that you may have. Contact us at email@example.com at any time.
Ratings and Reviews
Incredibly useful and accurate!
I normally don't write reviews, but I'd like to see this app get more positive ratings because it's the BEST local news apps I have EVER used! I don't even know where I would go to get the aggregate of local news information Patch provides for as many local areas as you like. Patch let's you add multiple neighborhoods, so you get the latest news for that AREA, which is really where this app shines. From changes in parking rules to local accidents to subway closures to weather-related events, I've never seen a smarter or more sophisticated news app! I live in NYC but also have a place in the south, so I set up Patch for that area, then we had the string of Hurricanes last year, and this was the ONLY app that provided me with crucial updates on my neighborhood conditions, as I was not there during the storms and had no way of knowing the damage to my local area. Things like which roads remained closed, which were recently cleared, where there were downed trees, if bridges were open, local curfews and garbage pickup. These may sound like small things, but you seriously can't get this info from other sources, and it's all organized in ONE PLACE! Patch gives you the stuff big news conglomerates don't care about. If you want more than crime and politics in your news feed, then Patch is the app for you! Thanks, devs!!
Thank you for the support!
Hope you like setting an app up every day
I signed up for Patch emails for local news updates in the small town I live in. Those emails were clickbaity (open the email, read a teaser, click on “read more,” and get taken to a collection of articles where I have to click yet again on the one I want to read). Taking a reader through that many clicks made it seem like that’s all they were after. So I downloaded the app and went through the town selection, opted in for alerts, clicked “let’s get started,” etc. to finally read some local news. The next time I got an alert from the app, Patch made me go through the entire town selection/set up alerts/click click click process as if I had never set it up before. And this is after clicking on an alert *that the app sent me*. Next day it did the same thing. After a few days of this I deleted it.
Hi! Can you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see what the issue is. Thanks!
This version is a vast improvement over all previous versions. The ability to save an article was missing in prior versions. There are still times that articles won’t load or take you to the wrong story.
As for clickbait, I haven’t used it enough to say. Reading stories should remain in app. Taking a detour to Safari for more stories and ads is wrong. I don’t want to use cellular data on additional unwanted ads. It’s also extra work closing down Safari tabs.
As for the content, spelling, grammar, political bias, sensationalism and editing, Patch is on par with Newsday. That’s a pathetically low standard.
Basically the Notification gives all the info I need and reading the story is unnecessary.
- Planck, LLC
- 380.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Patch Media, All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.