By Path, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Path Talk is smart, private messaging. Message friends and family with photos, videos, voice, music,TV shows, movies, maps, and more - 1:1 or in small groups - all private, all off the record, and deleted from our servers 24 hours after you send them.
- Real Privacy: Your messages with friends on Path Talk are OFF THE RECORD, and deleted from our servers 7 days after you send them. Your conversations in real life are not on the record, why should your messages be?
- Smart Status: A revolution in keeping up with your friends and starting off every conversation in context. Your status automatically updates in the background to tell your friends when you're in transit, in the neighborhood, listening to music, or even low on battery.
- Quality Stickers: We've hired some of the best artists in the world to imagine and create all-new fun, expressive characters. We’ve also partners with some of the world’s most beloved brands like Peanuts, South Park, Adventure Time, Transformers, and Ghostbusters (now celebrating its 30th anniversary!). Choose from 1000’s of Path Stickers when emoji just isn't enough.
- Quick Replies: Save time by nudging a friend or acknowledging a message directly from your message list with just a swipe.
- Groups: Create group messages which work cross-platform no matter which smartphone your friends are on.
- Voice: Quickly send and receive high quality voice messages 1-on-1 with a friend or back and forth with a group of people.
- Fast: Super fast no matter what network you are on - 4G, 3G, or WiFi.
- Free: Messages 1:1 and in groups with friends are free.
What's New in Version 1.3.4
- Removal of the Places tab and business message history
- Bug fixes
Used to be amazing, now it's useless
This used to be one of my favorite apps, but I opened the other day and the "Places" tab was gone and I could no longer have this app call businesses. The note said they'd sold the app but that the company who bought it didn't buy the "places" feature. That's the entire reason I had it in the first place and why I spread the word about it. Now it's completely useless and why would I need another messaging app when there are so many that exist already that do a better job? Absolutely useless without places. Deleting the app completely.
Not as bad as people say
People on path love to complain about path talk but I think it's a pretty good app. You can easily message path friends, send audio, photo or text and the messages are easy to manage. Simple, functional, not frills messaging.
Loss of Places, Loss of interest
The places feature was the sole reason for the use of this app. Timely responses and updates could be recieved from multiple business simultaneously via texting as opposed to calling one at a time. Granted, customers were warned that the feature wasnt designed to last forever.
Places feature has been removed in the latest update with no alternatives.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 25, 2015
- Version: 1.3.4
- Size: 24.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Path Inc.
- © 2014 Path, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription for 3 months$4.99
- Premium Subscription for 1 Year (12 Months)$9.99
- Fluffie Sticker Pack$1.99
- Jellybean Kid$1.99
- Valentines Sticker Pack$1.99
- Rain or Shine Sticker Pack$1.99
- Classics Sticker Pack$1.99
- Goooaall!!! Sticker Pack$0.99
- Adventure Time Sticker Pack$1.99
- Ollie Sticker Pack$1.99