The perfect bridge from basic sciences into clinical sciences, this unique app introduces disease as disorder in body systems and functions. Pathophysiology of Disease focuses on 100 diseases commonly encountered in everyday practice, and covers normal structure and function, pathology and disordered physiology, resultant signs and symptoms, and "whys" of treatments.
Organized by 23 major body systems and organs, the app provides a rigorous review of the disease process. Each flash card presents a clinical case study which includes not only the disease mechanisms, but also the creation of signs and symptoms seen in common presentations, as well as potential treatments.
· Genetic Disease
· Immune System Disorders
· Infectious Diseases
· Blood Disorders
· Nervous System Disorders
· Diseases of the Skin
· Pulmonary Disease
· Cardiovascular: Heart Disease
· Cardiovascular: Vascular Disease
· Disorders of the Adrenal Medulla
· Gastrointestinal Disease
· Liver Disease
· Exocrine Pancreas Disorders
· Renal Disease
· Parathyroids & Calcium & Phosphate
· Endocrine Pancreas Disorders
· Hypothalamus & Pituitary Gland
· Thyroid Disease
· Adrenal Cortex Disorders
· Female Reproductive Tract Disorders
· Male Reproductive Tract Disorders
· Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases
Free initial download of the app presents one flash card each in fifteen topics with a total of 120 cards available through in-app purchase. Choose from three study modes to assess your knowledge level and target weak areas as you go. Create customized quizzes to check your test readiness and track your progress.
As life rushes by, optimize your preparation time by using this powerful app where ever and whenever you can. With the Lange Pathophysiology of Disease app in your toolkit, preparing for the USMLE or medical boards will be a breeze. Great for last-minute studying on clinical rotations, this app is the perfect tool to have at your fingertips.
About the Authors:
Yeong Kwok, MD
Stephen J. McPhee, MD
Gary D. Hammer, MD, PhD
Have a question or would like to share your feedback? Please send us an email at: McGraw-Hill.Education@gwhizmobile.com
Ratings and Reviews
- gWhiz, LLC
- 21.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 McGraw-Hill Education. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Expansion Pack $44.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.