With PatternGenius you can create knit patterns using a beautiful vector based symbol set that includes a large number of increases, decreases, texture, cables, variable symbols, and more. Share to your camera roll or as a PDF. Generated patterns include the chart, key, custom images, and written instructions (in-app purchase).
* Access all symbols including our unique variable symbols.
* Tap and Paint modes, Undo/Redo, and row/stitch numbering.
* Share charts and keys to Camera Roll and PDF.
* Sync with Dropbox (auto-sync, no export or import required).
* Add your own picture and notes.
* Unlimited number of projects.
* 25x25 charts (larger charts available with in-app purchase).
* Remove ads with any in-app purchase.
Expand your Genius with the in-app purchase of GeniusPaks:
* GeniusBundle: includes all the individual GeniusPaks below.
* ColorGenius: Add color to your charts including colorwork, symbol color and fill.
* ChartGenius: Change number of rows/stitches (up to 150x150), hide/show rows, Favorites Bar & more.
* SelectGenius: Cut/Copy/Mirror/Fill/Replace a selection (region, row, column, entire chart) and mark repeat sections.
* KeyGenius: Customize the abbreviation, short, and long descriptions for all symbols.
* TextGenius: Auto-generated written instructions for any chart.
* NEW Brioche Stitches!
* iOS 10 Support.
* Supports new Dropbox API.
* New app subscription registration for single sign-on with your Create2Thrive account.
* Minor Bug Fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice features, many bugs
I primarily use an app on my mac (an old, outdated one called Intwined) for my charting, but this app has some features that Intwined can't even touch: row and pattern repeats, custom cable stitch symbols (need a 4/2/4 cable? You can do it here), brioche barks and burps, and even a few eastern/Japanese stitches in the library. When working cables, its definitely the best.
If you can put up with the near-constant crashing. I have learned to NEVER hit the undo button -- which will cause a crash about 95% of the top. Instead, i manually revert things to how i want them. Its time consuming and totally unnecessary for a modern (i.e., since 1995) app, but for small charts or those with unusual stitches, its sometimes worth it.
Are the extra features worth the $16/year price tag? Well, without them, its a pretty limited app. But theres not an in-app purchase option for "no crashes", so i suppose that depends on how much you can put up with crashing. That said, i wont renew my subscription for a second year.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear you are having issues. We aren't able to reproduce your crash, so please contact email@example.com to provide us some more information so we can help resolve the issue.
Is there a trial version
I wanted to try this since it was created by the same people that created knit companion but it doesn’t let you try anything without purchasing so I really can’t tell if it is something that I would like or not. Disappointed because I really like the other app. Looks like it might be a nice app.
One of those darned rental apps
First, it's really not free since there's not much you can do with it without the in app purchases. The problem is you only get to rent the features for a pretty stiff price ($16) for a year. For a one time fixed price I bought intwined and it's mine forever.
Developer Response ,
Glad you found something that works for you!
- Create2Thrive Inc.
- 32 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Create2Thrive Inc. 2016
- In-App Purchases
- All GeniusBundles (1 Year) $15.99
- ChartGenius (1 Year) $3.99
- ColorGenius (1 Year) $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.