MAKE BEATS. GO DEEP.
Patterning 2 is the next generation of the award-winning circular drum machine. Create beats like never before in a beautiful, intuitive interface that is both easy to use and brimming with features for the experienced producer.
Make dynamic drum patterns with the swipe of a finger. Quickly record rhythms and parameter automation. Use Patterning’s independent loop settings to explore rhythmic possibilities impossible to achieve in traditional sequencers. Automate and randomize parameters to create intricate & complex beats. Arrange patterns on the timeline to construct songs. Use the built-in effects to add atmosphere, shimmer and noise. Export patterns directly to Ableton Live or connect to other instruments with MIDI. Download hundreds of free factory and user-created drum kits for use in your own songs.
Patterning was named Runner-Up : App of the Year (iPad) in 2015.
Some of what’s new in Patterning 2 :
• Record Beats with the New Drum Pads
• Drum Kit Switching
• Randomize (Almost) Everything
• Next Generation Ratcheting
• Automation Recording
• Coarse Tune & MIDI Note Quantization
• Quantized Pattern Launch
• Sample Folders
• Loop Rotate
• Pattern Tempo Changes
• Divide Mode Measure Length
• New Automation Layers : Randomization, Ratcheting, MIDI CCs, and more.
• Ableton Link Start/Stop
• MIDI Learn Recording
• MIDI Drum Triggering
• MIDI Only Tracks
• Unlimited MIDI CC Outputs
• MIDI Gate Length Automation
• Under the Hood Performance Improvements
• Workflow Enhancements
• And more…
For a full list of new and existing features, visit www.olympianoiseco.com/apps/patterning-2/
Praise for Patterning : Drum Machine :
“Patterning is brilliant; beautiful to look at, so very clever in terms of the programming options and, as far as I’m aware, unique as a drum/rhythm programming environment” - MusicAppBlog
“Patterning is an amazingly fun and creative app …The look, feel and layout are all first rate and the sounds are excellent. Even beginners will be able to create something that sounds cool, and more experienced users will be able to put together some amazing beats complete with automation and per-drum settings the likes of which you usually need a full DAW setup for.” - AskAudio
“I had thought all my iOS drum box desires were satisfied, but I was wrong. There’s room for another and this is it. Patterning has many unique strengths, and beats any hardware drum machine when it comes to polyrhythms and evolving patterns. It’s as mesmerizing to watch as it is to listen to.” - Sound on Sound
Thanks for your help making Patterning 2 a success! Please report bugs or issues to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be fixed.
• Added new color schemes. Available on the FILE screen, please re-launch app for changes to take place.
• Added Bluetooth MIDI support. Available from MIDI Configuration on FILE screen.
• When importing a song from Patterning 1, loops with “Coarse Tune -> MIDI Note Transpose” automation data is now correctly copied to the MIDI Note Transpose layer.
• Add indicator to show which step is currently being edited.
• Fix a bug that could cause a crash when using switches.
• Fix a bug that allowed MIDI note transpose pitch classes to be empty.
• Fix minor UI issue with offset grid.
• Update some frameworks.
• Fix issue that could cause a crash when switching samples.
• Loop phase indicators now display when using Record Pads.
• Fix text color of buttons in Files selector for choosing samples, which made selecting multiple samples or closing the window impossible.
• Fix error messages for importing database.
• Fix Error Saving when Auto-Rotate set to ±64
• Fix text for final step of tutorial
• Change name of Quantize coarse tuning to “QUANTIZE INTERVAL from C”
• Fix display of quantized coarse tune and midi note transpose values when editing (in the top right corner of the app window, sliders will still display unquantized values.
• Fixed issue which prevented re-downloading previously deleted samples.
• Fixed issue with multiple selection drags in timeline deleting all timeline data before it.
• Fix incorrect localization information.
• Add additional logging to help track down an issue causing a crash.
• Fix to a crash that can occur while the app is transitioning into the background.
Ratings and Reviews
Worthy update to a 5-star, essential, all-time iOS app
My four stars is based upon this being an update to the classic Patterning, not as a stand-alone app by itself. The new features are great, but it's pretty much a sequel and as such there's no way it could match the magic of the first. Happy to pay for the new stuff, but nothing groundbreaking here like before.
Hint: in iOS settings, you can opt to revert to the default colors (instead of this bland new crap) to make the app as fun as it's always been.
Powerful and intuitive
At last a viable alternative to using highly limited drum drops in our keyboard. We are already using Patterning 2 in our home studio. Still trying to learn and use its full capability. You can search for drum patterns on line and find neat examples of various popular beat patterns, then recreate them in Patterning 2. Then use them with modifications for your tastes and music needed.
Insane MIDI CC for Hardware Synths😎👌
For me, the only thing missing from the original Patterning was being able to assign whatever Midi CC # value to control my hardware synths. Now I can automate any parameter easily! That would have been enough for me, but he took it to the next level, because you can have different midi channels per track, and assign different midi cc values on every track!!! It’s insane.
- Olympia Noise Co.
- 53.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Olympia Noise Company, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.