Patterning : Drum Machine
By Olympia Noise Co.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
App Store Best of 2015, Runner Up : App of the Year.
As beautiful as it is powerful, Patterning is a deep and flexible drum machine unlike any you’ve encountered before. With its elegant circular interface, Patterning transforms the iPad into a seriously inspiring tool for making beats.
Create dynamic drum patterns with the swipe of a finger. Make evolving, poly-metric rhythms, four-on-the-floor dance party jams, or laid back R&B grooves. Use Patterning’s independent loop settings to explore untapped rhythmic possibilities. Automate parameters to create intricate & complex beats. Arrange patterns on the timeline to construct songs. Use the built-in effects--delay, reverb, distortion, and 3-band EQ--to add atmosphere, shimmer and noise. Connect to other apps with Audiobus, Inter-App Audio, and MIDI. Export your beats to perfect audio loops or directly to an Ableton Live Set.
Patterning comes loaded with classic drum machine samples as well as exclusive drum kits created and curated by contemporary producers and musicians. For the independent producer, it’s easy to create custom kits with your own samples.
Supports Ableton Link, MIDI Clock Sync, and Inter-App Audio Sync.
With an extensive and uncommon feature set, Patterning redefines what an iOS drum machine can be.
“This is brilliant.” - Sebastian Dittman, Audiobus & Audanika
"Patterning is fantastic…. You will not be disappointed.” - Sean Garland, iOSMars.com
"The honest truth is this: Patterning really does live up to the hype.” - Doug Woods, thesoundtestroom.com
Patterning was created by Olympia Noise Co., makers of Chordion, App Store Editor’s Choice in 23 Countries.
Recommended for iPad 3 and newer.
For a complete list of specifications, please visit http://www.olympianoiseco.com/apps/patterning
What's New in Version 1.3.1
• Export and Import Patterning database (all songs, drum kits, and samples) via iTunes File Sharing. Available from FILE screen.
• Secret hack that allows you to import .onps and .onpd files using the sample library's Dropbox browser.
• Fix issue which caused iTunes File Sharing "Inbox" to not be cleared when importing files.
• Potential fix to occasional bug with the sample editor view.
• Fix an issue that could cause a crash when deleting MIDI Mappings.
• Fix naming of MIDI Channels in MIDI Mappings
• Removed "Backup User Database" setting from System Prefs, as it was unreliable. Use built-in Database Export/Import instead.
• Clear database cache on app termination.
• Include MIDI mappings in .onps song export
• Clear inbox after sample import.
• Fix bug with Cloud Kit sharing on iOS 9
• Fix iOS 11 crash when saving Drum Kits.
The sounds and kits are brilliant. This thing is very intuitive to use. I'm only a couple days into it, and can't determine any way to use this as an app to incorporate with my music, but it presents new thoughts and ideas on the process and is fulfilling to use
Love this app. Easy to learn but near limitless creation. The way this app visualizes the layers of beats is pretty friggin' awesome.
Great Design, but size bloat remains
I love the pattern construction in this app, but frankly I hate most of the preloaded kits. In my opinion, they just don't sound very good. I deleted ALL of the included kits with the EXCEPTION of 2 that do sound good. I then downloaded six of the GREAT SOUNDING cloud kits. Now, the app size sits at 542 MB! What the hell? I guess I will have to live with it using that much resources, but my rating would be an easy 5 stars if I did not have to deal with so much use of space.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 16, 2017
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 150 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Olympia Noise Co.
- © 2017 Olympia Noise Co., LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.