•••••• FREE! (for a limited time) ••••••
•••• "A 'must-have' for the iPad" ••••
Classic mobile music creation on your iPad.
Over 250,000 downloads!
Create compelling, original music on your iPad™ with PatternMusic®. PatternMusic was designed to inspire creativity, learning and experimentation in music enthusiasts and experts alike.
• Create songs intuitively using layered instrument patterns.
• Play an interactive polyphonic musical instrument with over 50 different voices.
"PatternMusic is like a beatbox for melodies."
"I've been using PatternMusic to write a song every day!"
"I'm a musician, but I've never been able to figure this stuff out before. This is amazing! Who knew?"
- comments from PatternMusic users
What's inside PatternMusic:
• The Stage
- Intuitively mix and arrange your songs by moving instrument icons.
- Effortlessly add, duplicate and delete instruments.
• Multi-Touch Pattern Editor
- Easily create unique looping note patterns.
- Editor zoom - because not everyone has the same size fingers.
- Up to 64 notes per pattern via the scrolling timeline.
- Scroll through a 4 octave range for each instrument.
- Solo mode - focus on a single part of your composition.
- Dynamics for individual notes.
- 50 instrument voices to choose from.
- Change voices at any time.
- A full drum kit and percussion set.
• Built-in Help and Tutorials
- A complete Help system is accessible throughout the app.
- Access built-in and on-line Video Tutorials.
• Instrument and Song Settings
- Tempo (including "tap tempo" for interactive tempo matching).
- Time Signature
- Scales - work within a mode and avoid "wrong" notes. (more than 40 scales available)
- Note length configurable from 1/16 note triplets to dotted whole notes.
- Looping control - infinite or counted.
- Configurable instrument start point.
- Swing - create shuffle effects.
- Transpose - up or down up to two octaves (an 8 octave total range).
• Song Management
- Auto-save - PatternMusic automatically saves your songs when you quit or when you are interrupted by a phone call, and it automatically restores your last session when you return.
- Manage your songs including song duplicate, rename and delete.
You'll be creating music in no time.
Visit www.PatternMusic.com for
- Demo videos,
- Tutorial lessons,
- and answers to all your questions.
PatternMusic is a U.S. registered trademark of Richard Lawler
Copyright Richard Lawler.
iOS 11 support. Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
With any effort put into it, the app is NOT hard to use. But it does feel like the beta it is, both in terms of certain needless bits of clunk in the UI and in terms of really key functionality, like import/export, memory management, and the variety and customizability of the sounds.
But the concepts are strong and so much is already laid out that it seems crazy the app has had no updates since 2010. One would hope the developer reappears from the wide world of life's torments and wades back into the dank swamp of IOS to finish what he started.
So much fun
For anyone who enjoys music even remotely, this app is a must have. It takes a bit of figuring out for those that are not "musically inclined" but once you get the hang of it, it's endless possibilities. Not only do I enjoy it, but my kids also (13, 8, 7). They have created their own music and write lyrics to them all. GOTTA GET IT!!!
I am not a musician and I love this app!
I have been able to create wonderful, fully instrument - alized musical scores.
It allows for my creative streak to access a full palette of sounds and rhythms and combinations that allow me to play back my musical experimentation.
Fascinating to say the least.
- Richard Lawler
- 13 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), and iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010, 2017 Richard Lawler
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.