Patterns - The Regex App
By Nikolai Krill
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Patterns is a simple yet powerful tool for working with regular expressions. Build great patterns quickly and effortlessly with syntax coloring, and with matching and replacing occurring in real time.
- Regular expression syntax coloring makes it easy to see how your pattern is interpreted by the regex engine. No more confusion about what needs to be escaped.
- See matches and replacements in real time while you edit your pattern.
- Copy match and replacement code snippets of your pattern for quick use in a number of different programming languages.
- The built-in regular expression reference sheet helps you find the piece of regex syntax you need.
What's New in Version 1.1.2
- Highlighting of matching parentheses for capture groups in regex editor
- Bugfixes and improvements
- Fixes an issue where quotes and dashes are substituted in the text fields
- Support for macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Hover over a match to view the contents of capture groups
- Restoration of app state on quit and relaunch
Enjoyable Way Experiment & Learn
I’ve used regular expressions off and on for the past few decades - they are indispensable for certain tasks, and huge time savers in others. But I don’t use them constantly, which means I often need a quick refresher to get things working just right.
That’s where this nicely crafted app comes in. I find it a quick, and intuitive way to re-familiarize myself with the arcane workings of regex expressions.
My compliments to Nikolai Krill for creating this gem!
Lots of potential, but very aggravating
I got this app to assist with constructing Regex terms. While it holds a lot of promise, there are two critical flaws. 1) There’s no way to save your work. By itself, that’s not a big deal. It becomes a big deal when the app crashes for no apparent reason. I’ve had the thing crash twice in the past 15 minutes after I’m close to getting a term done. If I had hair to pull out, I would. I hope the developer has Crashlytics installed so he/she can fix whatever the problem is.
crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash crash
what can I say? it crashes all the time.
- Category: Developer Tools
- Updated: Oct 28, 2016
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nikolai Krill
- © 2016 Nikolai Krill
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor