By Avery deGruchy
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
With Pause It you can enjoy playing media in your browser and easily:
- Play/Pause music on Pandora, Grooveshark, and videos on YouTube with the F8 key.
- Move to the next song with the F9 key.
- Move to the previous song/Restart a song with the F7 key (Note that you cannot use this option with Pandora).
- Like a song in Pandora with the F6 key.
- Dislike a song in Pandora with the F5 key.
Pause It now works with Mountain Lion and it's Retina display ready!
Pause it is compatible with Pandora, Grooveshark, and YouTube. It is only compatible with Safari and Chrome. Please note that Pause It uses the F5 - F9 function keys on your keyboard to control media playback. In order for this to work correctly, you must remove any keyboard shortcuts assigned to those keys.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Pause It can control media while in YouTube's HTML5 mode.
- Fixed an issue where Pause It did not work with Mountain Lion.
- Fixed an issue where app settings were not saved.
Works As Advertised
Great app. Simple interface. Does what it’s supposed to do and does it well.
As other reviewers have noted — if it doesn’t work for you, try holding the “fn” key, then press F8. If you use this more than the built in « >| » keys, you can change that setting in the System Preferences > Keyboard > “Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys.”
Expected it to work with Safari. Impressed that it works with Google Chrome.
Works just as described!
Some people may be having trouble with the keys not working. If this is the case, you just have to hold down the FN key when you press the media keys and it should work fine.
Chrome buggy; Safari works
In my limited, early experience of using the app with Pandora, it is buggy on Chrome, but works well with Safari.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 13, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 1.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Avery deGruchy
- © 2012 Avery deGruchy
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later