By QPQ Analytics
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PawPawMail allows you to give the gift of simple communication to an older friend or relative.
The iPad app gives seniors/elderly/older adults the easiest possible way to keep in touch electronically. The PawPawMail service allows them to write and receive e-mail messages from friends and family, but in a far simpler way than by using a regular e-mail account.
PAWPAWMAIL SERVICE ================
See http://pawpawmail.com to learn more about the service itself or to sign up for a free trial.
PawPawMail additionally allows a trusted friend or family member to help out by using an Assistant's interface.
Always feel free to contact us ( support [at sign] pawpawmail.com ) for help with this app, or with the service in general!
Most importantly, PawPawMail is simple to use in a few different ways:
• For those with declining or impaired vision:
- - - We use very large type, large buttons, and clear, high-contrast interface elements
- - - in a gentle color scheme that encourages use.
• For those who are new to the digital world:
- - - An intuitive touch interface uses the best elements of the iPad while adapting
- - - to make the basics even simpler.
• For those with dexterity problems:
- - - Buttons placed so that they work well with the on-screen keyboard and designed
- - - to minimize errors by separating different functions to prevent accidental presses.
• For those with impaired memory:
- - - We've added cues everywhere (including pictures when available) to indicate
- - - the person who has written to the user, or to whom he or she is writing,
- - - along with available notes about contacts.
Overall, PawPawMail's interface makes everything simpler for users in countless subtle ways. This allows users to get communicating quickly without being overwhelmed by the assistance.
What's New in Version 1.2
Lots of little tweaks to make PawPawMail even easier to use (most importantly, we've improved scrolling for longer messages).
Always let us know what you think by visiting PawPawMail at http://pawpawmail.com/ipad !
Gmail is free. Why would I pay $8 per month for a "service"? All I want is a gmail interface that makes it easier to see and use. Why is that so hard to find? I would pay for a good app but not a monthly fee.