PayByPhone, the market leading pay by phone payment operator for parking, brings you the simple, secure and convenient way to pay for your parking.
The app makes registering for PayByPhone, paying for parking and managing your account easier than before. Pay for parking in just a few seconds, receive reminder messages when your parking is about to expire, and extend your parking session remotely. No more coins required!
With the addition of the Today View Widget and one of the first apps to integrate with the Apple Watch you can keep track of your parking on the move without even opening the app.
We’re also the first parking service to support Apple Pay! You can complete your transaction using Apple Touch ID for the best payment experience in the market and with our industry leading payment security you know your information is safe with us.
* Start parking from your iPhone
* Check your parking with our Apple Watch app
* View your session with the Today View Widget
* Park with Apple Pay
* Get a fully contextualized experience with our Dynamic Labeling
* Receive local notifications about your active parking
* Receive smart notices in the app, including local events, parking history and traffic information
* Get email receipts to your inbox
* Manage your parking receipts for expenses and accounting
Please note: This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease device battery life.
- PayByPhone now available in both German and Italian.
- Export your PayByPhone transactions to PDF
- We now show you the nearest parking location right on the home screen of the app so you can park even faster (available in select cities).
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but where is the map?
It works pretty well, but why am I always typing in codes? It knows my gps. Just show me the map and I can pick the pay station with one tap! Or QR codes on the signs - especially now that iOS supports QR codes natively in the camera app.
Could be so much faster to use.
The other annoying thing is I usually want max time - and unless you can calculate the exact total minutes, it’s a lot of taps to switch to hours and then type in the correct hour. Could be just one tap! Ironically, the physical pay meters are easier to use in this way - they have an add-time button. A few taps and you are at max time.
Works well unless you have an unauthenticated wifi connection
Has been great for a few years especially being able to reload parking from afar.
My only heartache was once running late and the App continuously refused to find the zone I entered and without any sort of error message. Turns out my phone had camped on a WiFi from the office building without bringing up the sign on page. So the app couldn’t reach home to validate the zone number. Once I turned off WiFi it worked fine but had me wound up for 15 minutes before I figured it out.
Had the app given some sort of connection error I would have been set.
Although it’s very convenient to pay by phone, especially if you’re at the beach I decide to stay, don’t be fooled by the purpose of this app, which is the bag you when you’re over time. My meter ran out and I reloaded the app four minutes after the time but when I return to my car I had a $30 ticket waiting for me. The people who run this, get on their computers expiration is so they could immediately run to the car and give you a ticket. I bet if I had the old printed ticket on my dashboard they would’ve never even gone to my dashboard to see it. Keep that in mind. Of course I’m pleading not guilty to my ticket and have proof that I paid before and after with a four minute lapse between times of reloading. We’ll see what happens.
- PayByPhone Technologies Inc.
- 172.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Punjabi, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 PayByPhone Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.