Get paid on your iPhone®, iPod® or iPad® with our free app and a card reader that’s right for your business. Accept credit and debit cards, send invoices, track cash and check payments. It’s only 2.7% per US card swipe, chip or contactless transaction. No long-term contracts, commitments or monthly fees.
WHY PAYPAL HERE?
• More options, more business: gives your customers the flexibility to pay how they want.
• All in one: PayPal Here™ is part of our trusted suite of business payment solutions, helping you manage all your in-person, online and mobile payments through one central account.
• Help when you need it: You can contact us directly from the app, by phone at 877-569-1136 or by visiting www.paypal.com/here
START GETTING PAID:
1) Download the app
2) Sign up for PayPal Here
3) Choose the card reader that’s right for your business
PayPal Mobile Card Reader
– Accepts magnetic stripe cards
– Connects with your phone or tablet audio jack
PayPal Chip Card Reader
– Accepts chip cards, NFC payments like Apple Pay™ and magnetic swipe cards
– Reduce liability for certain types of fraud
– Connects via Bluetooth
PayPal Here uses an encrypted card reader, backed by our best-in-class risk-management and fraud protection. All payments go right into your account for secure, reliable, and easy transaction processing.
GET YOUR MONEY FAST:
Payments processed with PayPal Here are transferred to your account usually in minutes. With the PayPal Debit card, you can access your funds at thousands of ATM’s nationwide, plus get 1% cash back on all eligible debit card purchases.
• Get a free app and PayPal Mobile Card Reader
• Invest in the PayPal Chip Card Reader to accept chip cards, contactless (like Apple Pay™), traditional swipe payments – all in one device.
• Pay only 2.7% per swipe, chip or contactless transaction for all major US credit cards including American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover
• Let customers quick-pick a standard tip or enter their own
• Manage and view your sales history
• Text and email custom receipts
• Add multiple users on one device
PayPal Here 3.5.1 includes bug fixes and improvements. This update:
- Resolves an issue that was causing some users to be logged out during a transaction
- Improves support for FaceID
- Accessibility & screen reader improvements when bluetooth card reader connection is made
Ratings and Reviews
Horrible card reader connectivity, app freezes
The card readers are horrible at best. Bluetooth connectivity is impossible to work with, constantly can’t find the reader, disconnects or freezes- sometimes in the middle of processing a card. Then you have to force close the app, resign in, attempt to look at transaction history (most of the time that won’t pull up) to see if the transaction went through and then start all over again. An absolute must is to bring back a reader that connects to the phone via the jack that accepts chips. There would be so many fewer issues if they got rid of the Bluetooth nonsense. The app itself is set up nicely, would like to see a better breakdown of sales (when you have different sizes it only shows the main item sales not a breakdown of sales by size) customer service is ok when you finally get ahold of them but expect to sit on hold for awhile. Overall there is a lot to be desired and it’s hard to stay with a company when you have a line of customers because you can’t process a credit card. We are currently looking into other options for at the very least a backup because the readers and app are so unreliable.
PLEASE MAKE A HEADPHONE JACK CONNECTED CHIP CARD READER!
Worst business app AWFUL Impossible to use
I’ve been using PayPal for over a year for a small business I run part time. I tried Square this summer because I started doing shows for an easy way to take credit card payments. When my Square stopped working I stopped into Staples to upgrade my reader. I decided on PayPal Here because it was half the price of the Square reader and I already use PayPal.
I downloaded the app to set it up. The first issue I had was after I submitted my application for review. PayPal has a fingerprint ID option but still requires a password. Then they ask for info to verify my identity but I found it impossible to upload any info from my iPhone.
I’ve tried all week to verify information with no success!!😡😡
Next, I tried linking the device to my phone. It’s totally undiscoverable!!
Finally I now have a 30 day reserve on funds in my PayPal account. WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SERVICE THAT HOLDS THEIR MONEY FOR A MONTH? THAT’S NOT SECURITY. IT’S EVIL!! They also say they can hold it up to 180 days and require a reserve at all times.
I realize there may be unscrupulous sellers out there who take money and close accounts but why create a barrier for businesses who’ve demonstrated they have a history of good business practices.
This is the single worst tool PayPal has created. I’ve been happy with their service until now. Very unhappy with PayPal here. ☹️
If I can find alternatives I most certainly will.
Love it, except for gratuity part
I wish I had not done the latest update. It used to be that I would enter the price, enter the card information, then hand my phone off to the client where it would prompt them with “confirm total”, and give them an option to add a tip. Now it’s showing me that portion before I enter the card, which I have to ask them if they want to add a tip. I never want to make my clients feel obligated to add a tip, although tips are very common in my industry. I wish I could hand the phone to them like before, and they could discreetly add a tip (or not). I’ve missed out on tips from the last few clients, because I would run the card, and it would go straight to “processing”. It’s better when the client can confirm the total.
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are working on fixing this issue.
PayPal Here Product Team
- PayPal, Inc.
- 144.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 PayPal Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.