PBS Big Picture Challenge
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play PBS’ amazing zoomed in picture game, PBS Big Picture Challenge! Identify beautiful photos to solve more than 300 tricky and addictive puzzles.
Photo challenges from around the world await you at every turn. Guess what the zoomed in image is and win! Discover fascinating facts about animals, nature, science, art, and, geography!
* Over 300 challenging image game levels with more coming soon!
* No signup. No registration. Instant fun!
* Beautiful storybook-inspired images and amazing photos of nature, food, kittens, crocodiles and more
* Every zoomed in photo is hand-cropped to give you just the right clues
* Easy and fun to play but a challenge to fully master
* Go it alone or play with friends to see who can get the highest score
* Unlock badges as you complete levels
* Gather coins and activate boosts to solve tricky puzzles
* Both entertaining and educational – learn fun and interesting facts with every puzzle
* Play in your choice of English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, or Italian
* Connect with Facebook to share hints with your friends
What's New in Version 1.1
The new PBS Big Picture Challenge update adds a free holiday-themed level, available for a limited time. Test your skills with over 20 new puzzles inspired by holidays from around the world!
Fun & Informative
It's one of those guess what the close up is. It started easy but some were quite hard. It's fun to guess & informative because after solving it they give a blurb info related to the picture. For example did you know the first scuba gear was created in 1777? Fun little facts like that. You can buy more coins to get hints, or watch a video and get ten coins. The cheapest hint is 60 coins and that's for one letter. I haven't purchased any coins but I don't mind the feature, (I mean it's PBS they rely on donations and this helps them get some money to help keep them funded.) so to those complaining remember that fact. There is also an ask your friends option which looks like it might be a Facebook thing. I haven't used it either. But the da are fine, I actually downloaded a game shown in one of the ads. So yeah. It's cool check it out!
The reason I'm deleting this app is the fact that, even though I got through to level 3 with only one bobble - I had to ask for one letter -- it requires me to earn or buy points. Now, I'm not buying points with real money to play a game. And I would have to watch 15 ads to earn the points to continue. I didn't download the app so I could watch ads.
Another user mentioned the fact that you can't go back and re-do the levels, or review the pictures and the factoids that come with them. I didn't care for that, either.
I would probably pay up to $4.00 for the app, but that doesn't seem to be offered. So I'll delete it, and I give it 1 star, because it was good for a few rounds, and now it's useless to me. Very disappointing, and very disappointing to see "PBS" slathered all over this somewhat extortionist game.
Very addicting game
While playing this game I got at least 6 other people to download it because it is so addictive. The only problem I have is that once you solve a picture, you can't go back and look at the picture or the fact about the picture and once a level is complete, you can't play the level again. I would play it over again if I could because I don't remember every single photo. That would make the game more fun.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 09, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 49.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Public Broadcasting Service
- © Public Broadcasting Service
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 350 Coins$0.99
- 750 Coins$1.99
- 2000 Coins$4.99
- 4500 Coins$9.99
- 10000 Coins$19.99