This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Enjoy the most popular shows from PBS anywhere, anytime, including Masterpiece hits* like Poldark, Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, Wolf Hall, as well as Nature, NOVA, and more. "PBS Video" features thousands of full-length videos from your favorite PBS shows and local stations with new videos added daily.
DEPTH OF CONTENT
Explore a rich and varied selection of hundreds of videos from both new shows and from the PBS archives. Find these top shows and more:
* Masterpiece shows* including Poldark, Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, Wolf Hall and more.
* Other PBS primetime shows: Antiques Roadshow, Frontline, Independent Lens, POV, History Detectives, Nature, Need to Know, Nova, Secrets of the Dead, and more.
* PBS NewsHour segments.
* Austin City Limits song performances.
* Original online series, including NOVA ScienceNOW’s “Secret Life of Scientists” and “FutureStates” from INDEPENDENT LENS.
*During individual show seasons
* Quick access to TV times and channels for your favorite PBS programs.
* See what’s on your local PBS station and what’s coming soon.
* Learn more about PBS show and specific episodes.
* Bookmark favorite shows and episodes for easy retrieval.
MORE FROM PBS
Find more PBS apps at http://pbs.org/anywhere/
Find help and support at http://help.pbs.org/
What's New in Version 3.2.7
You have a lovely App but the only thing wrong with it it doesn't offer shows from WETA UK. I loved Downtown Abbey, Wolf Hall and anything Agatha Christie. Grantchester, Endeavor , I could say most of the shows on Masterpiece. As well as Home fires, Indian SummersWhy don't you add Still Life, Jack Irish, Silent Witness, The Syndicate and any of the other shows shown on 108 which is our station for WETA UK. Make it an all around App. I do donate monthly and all of my children and grandchildren are past the age for any of the kids programs. It is unfair to have to tape the shows on 108 when we could watch them on an App.
Don’t listen to the haters...
PBS gives us the world for free. Their programming is second to none. Sure the player in the app needs some work and doesn’t always keep track of where you left off, but I’m guessing folks who complain about that don’t really appreciate the profound quality of the news, information and entertainment their getting for 0$.
It’s a phenomenal way to have literally thousands of the highest quality shows (a diverse array of them) with you wherever you go.
PBS is the best television on your mobile device.
Not a great app, sorry
PBS has amazing programming, but this is about the app. For no apparent reason, I have a spinning progress wheel in the middle of the screen while viewing and it’s extremely distracting (consistent issue over several devices/iOS versions/years). The jump-back button tap area is absurdly tiny, even on an iPhone Plus. And it forces landscape mode in the wrong direction … turning iPhone to the left puts volume up to the left and volume down to the right, which is backwards. At least give the viewer the option to use the right landscape mode, please? Thanks.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 27, 2017
- Version: 3.2.7
- Size: 85.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Public Broadcasting Service
- © 2014 Public Broadcasting Service
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes