Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy the most popular shows from PBS anywhere, anytime, including Masterpiece hits* like Poldark, Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, Wolf Hall, as well as Nature, NOVA, and more. "PBS Video" features thousands of full-length videos from your favorite PBS shows and local stations with new videos added daily.
DEPTH OF CONTENT
Explore a rich and varied selection of hundreds of videos from both new shows and from the PBS archives. Find these top shows and more:
* Masterpiece shows* including Poldark, Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, Wolf Hall and more.
* Other PBS primetime shows: Antiques Roadshow, Frontline, Independent Lens, POV, History Detectives, Nature, Need to Know, Nova, Secrets of the Dead, and more.
* PBS NewsHour segments.
* Austin City Limits song performances.
* Original online series, including NOVA ScienceNOW’s “Secret Life of Scientists” and “FutureStates” from INDEPENDENT LENS.
*During individual show seasons
* Quick access to TV times and channels for your favorite PBS programs.
* See what’s on your local PBS station and what’s coming soon.
* Learn more about PBS show and specific episodes.
* Bookmark favorite shows and episodes for easy retrieval.
MORE FROM PBS
Find more PBS apps at http://pbs.org/anywhere/
Find help and support at http://help.pbs.org/
What's New in Version 3.0
A completely redesigned interface to make finding and watching the shows you love even easier. Including...
- Simplified Browse page for easily finding shows
- Updated Shows page to explore PBS shows by genre
- Improved station screen to help you connect with and support your local PBS station
- Improved video playback
- Bug fixes
I've left my share of bad reviews
of this app's previous incarnations, but I'm pleasantly surprised by this update. The essentials have been fixed: login is now working (praise be!!) and search is vastly improved. Being able to browse shows by subject matter is also great—well done. Yes, stations are implementing "premium" access to back episodes for a donation, but that's reasonable and not the app's fault. There are still some features I'd like to see: the return of airtime reminders, expiration warnings for watchlist items, and an option for at least limited offline viewing. There also doesn't seem to be any way to clear the history, which isn't a huge deal, but, y'know. And hitting the back arrow after opening a search result doesn't take you back to your search, which is vexing. Still, I'm inflating the rating a bit because I'm so pleased this app is usable again. Thanks, folks.
Just signed up to donate monthly to get older episodes of shows. I don't mind paying for something of value.
My main quibble with the app is the way it handles closed captions. Please change to using the iOS defaults or at least remember the settings I've chosen. Unfortunately I'm not going to regain my hearing by the next time I use the app. Having to switch on captions for each show is a major pain!
Yuck, yuck, and double yuck
Now even more intrusive. I know of no other app which tries to make users go through so many hoops and hurdles. They don't believe in anonymous viewing, and now it's all about acquiring some sort of special pass for at least some programs. There are far too many other informational, educational, non-commercial video options, to justify the PBS attitude that says that audiences will endure anything and everything in order to get their content. I deleted this app and will not miss it. I wish I could leave a lower star rating.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 15, 2016
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 50.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Public Broadcasting Service
- © 2014 Public Broadcasting Service
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes